Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I can only go by how my friends 919 goes. Both he and I in it we hit just a hair over 78. He's maxed out by himself at just over 79. We're not heavy people, so no 500 lbs worth of guys in it. And he's not the type of person to take all of Basspro with him in his boat. Other people's mileage may vary. Hell, we GPS'd my other friends Z519c w/ 225 ProXS at 75 MPH. Both boats have worked props.
    well that's the fastest one I've heard of. Most get 77-78 if they are extremely lucky

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

2. Member
    You Phoenix guys have to remember, Phoenix has been taking market share from all brands for 9 years. Mention comparing Phoenix to any brand and the long knives come out.

3. Member
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

turfy, we open the lid a lot more in the garage or at the motel than we ever do on the water. If we have to we can remove it and set it aside. Besides, why have that lid in my way bumping your head when your digging in the bilge, of course most bilges are covered so you won't be digging in them to fix a pump because you can't reach one like you can in a Bass Cat.

The 6x wheel give you feel like a 20" wheel, which by the way NASCAR uses a larger diameter wheel.

The triangle wells give you more way water below the overflow than the 11-12 gallons per side some comeptitive boat models have. Be sure you only count the water below the overflow. And they don't jump out either.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 03-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    turfy, we open the lid a lot more in the garage or at the motel than we ever do on the water. If we have to we can remove it and set it aside. Besides, why have that lid in my way bumping your head when your digging in the bilge, of course most bilges are covered so you won't be digging in them to fix a pump because you can't reach one like you can in a Bass Cat.

The 6x wheel give you feel like a 20" wheel, which by the way NASCAR uses a larger diameter wheel.

The triangle wells give you more way water below the overflow than the 11-12 gallons per side some comeptitive boat models have. Be sure you only count the water below the overflow. And they don't jump out either.

BCB
    BCB livewells don't seem that big until you stick a limiting there and try to catch them without cull tags. The complaints I've read are IMO ridiculous but whatever

6. Member
    I’m interested between these two boats just hard to find locally. Has anyone rode in both to share their opinions vs what they don’t like about each individual ?

7. Member
    I looked at both boats and made a list of a few things, I am sure both boats are great, and I spent hours crawling thru both. These items are only based on my personal observations and do not mean one is better than another just that the 919 was a better fit for me.

• The Phoenix dealer in my area is the best in the business hands down over the BC dealer
    • I wanted a G2 and again the Phoenix dealer was far Superior in skills with that engine
    • When I looked at both boats I found the 919 a better fit and finish
    • The latches on the BC looked cheap
    • I liked the aluminum fuel cell in the 919
    • I did like the BC carpet better
    • I liked the BC trailer rims better
    • I liked the live well systems better in the 919
    • The BC dash did not impress me, but I did like the fact that there was more fiberglass in the BC dash
    • The round clear tube handles by the console sides looked cheap
    • I have not ridden in the BC but the 919 is a solid and fast hull with speeds more than 70 which is plenty fast for me
    • The BC trailer had a weird design that makes you disconnect the bow strap when using the swing tongue
    • I found the triangular live well lids strange to me
    • Tim and Jeff at the Phoenix office are amazing to deal with
    Risen From The Ashes!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    ^^^^^^

Winner.
    +1
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    I understand its removable. My point is, your on the water, you have an issue, you open it and have to look over it. Unless you remove the rear seat, which then it will lay flat. Then in order to get in the compartment your kneeling or laying on it when its laying flat, unless you remove it and set it on the front deck out of the way, but you already moved the seat up there or put it in the main floor pedestal hole. Which in that case now you have a clusterf*^*%# of seats up front and you have to set the rear lid up there too. Lots of stuff you dont have to do if the compartment opens the other way. If your in the garage, not a big deal, remove it and work. Im talking about being on the water.
    . I don’t think you understand at all the lid opens that way in case you forget to latch the lid . Your way If it’s not latched by accident the door flys open going down the road at 3am or flys open going 80 across the water and rips the lid off .

10. Member
    Both great boats, I chose a BassCat, but would be happy with a Phoenix. Yes, I agree some of the design features on a Cat are not for everyone. I think they are bad ass...lol.. the reason I chose a Cat over the Phoenix, were there is no cheap plastics used as trim or on the dash. The Florida sun and heat does a number on plastic in bass boats. The live wells are super deep and have fill, recirculate and aeration. I have never lost a bass, even with 90 degree water temps down here. The trailer was also a big deal to me because a lot of the lakes I fish are over 1 hour of interstate driving, it is built like a tank, in house by BassCat. The swing tongue being cut under the nose of the boat in order to maximize storage space is awesome too.

In my opinion the you can not go wrong with a Ranger, BassCat or Phoenix. They are the top 3 mass produced bass boats. Again, my opinion. I would be happy in any of the 3.

To the OP. Research, sit in, test drive both a Cat and a Phoenix. Pick what you want and like. Good luck.
    Brad Krone

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    In my opinion the you can not go wrong with a Ranger, BassCat or Phoenix. They are the top 3 mass produced bass boats. Again, my opinion. I would be happy in any of the 3.

To the OP. Research, sit in, test drive both a Cat and a Phoenix. Pick what you want and like. Good luck.
    Agree with ya on this! For sure top 3 brands there.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

12. Member
    Just the difference in the trailer is night and day but buy which ever boat you like the best it will be yours

13. Member
    I would like to take a look at a Caracal sometime. I am not looking for a new ride for another 3-4 years but that model will be on the list when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    I looked at both boats and made a list of a few things, I am sure both boats are great, and I spent hours crawling thru both. These items are only based on my personal observations and do not mean one is better than another just that the 919 was a better fit for me.

• The Phoenix dealer in my area is the best in the business hands down over the BC dealer
    • I wanted a G2 and again the Phoenix dealer was far Superior in skills with that engine
    • When I looked at both boats I found the 919 a better fit and finish
    • The latches on the BC looked cheap
    • I liked the aluminum fuel cell in the 919
    • I did like the BC carpet better
    • I liked the BC trailer rims better
    • I liked the live well systems better in the 919
    • The BC dash did not impress me, but I did like the fact that there was more fiberglass in the BC dash
    • The round clear tube handles by the console sides looked cheap
    • I have not ridden in the BC but the 919 is a solid and fast hull with speeds more than 70 which is plenty fast for me
    • The BC trailer had a weird design that makes you disconnect the bow strap when using the swing tongue
    • I found the triangular live well lids strange to me
    • Tim and Jeff at the Phoenix office are amazing to deal with
    First off, Phoenix makes one nice rig. But just some differences of opinion for me on your points:
    The latches are fantastic on mine and I love them.
    The carpet is far superior and one of the biggest weakness of a Phoenix
    The livewell system in a cat is probably the best in the industry. People that have problems with them have never used them. The best system I’ve personally used. At weigh in,my fish are always the liveliest.
    As you stated, the all fiberglass dash will last and look much better than the plastic shroud in other manufactures.
    The round clear tubes are tough as nails
    At BCB, everything has a reason. The triangular livewells keeps water from sloshing side to side in rough water. They didn’t make them that way for no reason.

Latches cheap gotta be trolling with that one

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    I understand its removable. My point is, your on the water, you have an issue, you open it and have to look over it. Unless you remove the rear seat, which then it will lay flat. Then in order to get in the compartment your kneeling or laying on it when its laying flat, unless you remove it and set it on the front deck out of the way, but you already moved the seat up there or put it in the main floor pedestal hole. Which in that case now you have a clusterf*^*%# of seats up front and you have to set the rear lid up there too. Lots of stuff you dont have to do if the compartment opens the other way. If your in the garage, not a big deal, remove it and work. Im talking about being on the water.
    What's causing you so much work on the water? I have had my current Basscat Caracal 2 years and have not had to open the rear compartment while on the water, not once. You need to get a brand of boat that doesn't break down so much then you wouldn't have to crawl around back there so much when you should be fishing.

There is more storage in the Caracal than many 20 footers. Those compartments are deep. As far as the triangle shaped live wells being a problem, I don't see it. I can see in mine perfectly well.

I looked at the 919 as well and it's a good rig. The trailer, however would have to have several upgrades to be as good as the trailer under the Caracal.

17. Member
    basscat has better glass/gelcoat and much better trailer. both awesome boats but BCB gets my vote with the G2 especially!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. Member
    And it’s true a 52” ultrex is a pita when you try to open the port side locker and the motor up? Wish they could change that angle

19. Member
    One big negative that I’ve read about many times on here is the screws backing out under the run rail of a Phoenix. Never had that happen with any of my Cats. They don’t screw the top cap to the hull. Phoenix makes a fine boat and they sell a lot of them. Just not for me

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    One big negative that I’ve read about many times on here is the screws backing out under the run rail of a Phoenix. Never had that happen with any of my Cats. They don’t screw the top cap to the hull. Phoenix makes a fine boat and they sell a lot of them. Just not for me

plus the poor carpet and endless gel coat issues from rollers and bunks
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast