Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Basscat Caracal vs Phoenix 919

Ok guys just curious, comparing these 2 boats with a 225HO Evinrude gen 2 which would you choose and why?

2. Member
    Caracal, enough room to live in it!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I don't know anything about the Phoenix 919. I doubt you'll find very many folks who are really familiar with both boats. I have a Caracal. John is right, there is enough room to live in it.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    The new 2017 Phoenix has wider deck than the older models. Weida's Marine has a YouTube video on it. That Caracal is a pretty well laid out boat and fast on the 225 but I have a rule...NEVER under-power a boat. Go with max rating so you'll never have buyers remorse.

5. Member
    Caracal max hp is 225....
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

6. Member
    I can tell you fit and finish is way better on the Caracal.

7. Member
    I have not been in a caracal to ride. I have seen it, nice boat. The Phoenix will have a great soft ride. The 919 is laid out nice, but that really is personal preference on lay out. The front deck on the 919 has always been a wide front deck. I am guessing the deck on the front of the Caracal will be longer. The width will be able the same 96" is still 96". The Phoenix has a big back deck but that takes a little from the front deck. The 919 with the 225 is a 76+ MPH boat. Their are people who say they are running 78-80 with the boat. I love my 921 but I thing fit and finish goes to Bass Cat, but the 919 has a nice fit and finish to it to. I think a lot of this is personal preference. I am guessing the 919 is about a 55,000 dollar boat loaded out. I do not know the range of the Caracal. I think the price difference can also be in the difference in the way they are build. The Phoenix will use all stainless steel on most parts on lids and other stuff. I think both great boats. nice to have great choices. I think you will be very happy with either boat. just my .02

8. Member
    both great choices. Ride in both and which layout do you like better. Either one would be great to have

9. Member
    I have fished out of both boats you are comparing. I liked the Caracal better. The 919 was nice and did well. I thought the Caracal out performed it all the was around. Now lets talk about you outboard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    The Phoenix will use all stainless steel on most parts on lids and other stuff. I think both great boats.
    All premium models on a cat have SS latches and components and is an upgrade option for non-premium models. The Caracal is a premium model so will be all ss components.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    All premium models on a cat have SS latches and components and is an upgrade option for non-premium models. The Caracal is a premium model so will be all ss components.
    I didn't know that. I didn't mean any disrespect to BC

ITs standard on all Phoenix boats. I will know more about BC after next week going to Houston to look over the Lynx. I do know they are a great boat and well build.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    I didn't know that. I didn't mean any disrespect to BC

ITs standard on all Phoenix boats. I will know more about BC after next week going to Houston to look over the Lynx. I do know they are a great boat and well build.
    If you want to learn more then go to their youtube page and check out the construction videos. Very informative.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BassCatTV

13. Member
    id go BCB just because I like personally think the build is better including trailer. But both nice boats.

14. Member
    Get in both, look around. I mean really look around under the deck lids, compartments, bilge area. It's not always what's on the surface that tells the story! Look at the components. The screws, quality of the vinyl on the seats, gelcoat finish. LOOK AT THE TRAILER!! Then ride and decide. They are both wonderful platforms and will probably make you very happy. I will say that I believe BassCat's build quality is second to none and that is really the difference in my opinion. Both will run well and ride well and fish well. Differently but both well. At the end of the day you have to decide what is important to you in your purchase and go with what your gut tells you. Good luck in your choice.

Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

15. Member
    I looked at the 919 HARD before I ended up buying a Caracal. WAY more storage in the Cat. Both boats come equipped well as "standard". All of the areas of glass on the Cat are finished including the bilge area. Everything is smooth to the touch. What really sold me on BassCat was customer service and the way they build a boat. They are the ONLY co that lifetime hull warranty actually means lifetime. First or 5th owner. That says a lot to me about the way they stand behind their product.

16. Member
    I am comparing the two boats now. I do like the layout on the Caracal better but can live with the 919 layout. I am finding with the same equipment, the Caracal is higher priced.

Compare resins, glass, vinyls, carpeting, seat bases, trailers, construction, plastic components, tire size, features and more...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Compare resins, glass, vinyls, carpeting, seat bases, trailers, construction, plastic components, tire size, features and more...
    I have a question? I would like to know how do we compare the things like resins, glass, and etc. I guess I would like to know how does the average joe know the price of theses things and which one would really be the best and why so we can compare. I know the people in the industry know the difference but every boat company says they have the best. I have seen enough about your carpet to know its 240z where most of the others only use 18oz. I know that one but its the other things. I say this because I do believe the 919 is cheaper but I do not know the real reason.

You may not be able to direct us because some of this is trade secrets.

http://www.ashland.com/industries/tr...l-ester-resins

Syntec vinyls used are 25 to 29 ounce, and Charcoal, Platinum and Red are all Cool Touch variants.

www.hkresearch.com

Start next with grade A-1 fuel lines since inception. Seat Bases all are reinforced to the lower hull through a machined base. Then there is the All Fiberglass hull with a Fiberglass Transom. SPX pumps, tinned fine strand wiring. Check for double shielding on the steering hoses and much more.

Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 03-18-2017 at 01:14 AM.

20. donnybassfishing..com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Carroll View Post
    I have fished out of both boats you are comparing. I liked the Caracal better. The 919 was nice and did well. I thought the Caracal out performed it all the was around. Now lets talk about you outboard choice.
    . In what aspect did it outperform the 919? The 919 is faster and rides better

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast