Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dks300 View Post
    As an addition, one thing that kept me from considering BCB more when I was shopping was that I personally know several people who got threw out of their boat from it hooking. The guys are still loyal BCB customers, so they must be doing something right lol
    As I said we have plenty BCB and Phoenix boats in our clubs. They out number all other brand boats. The only boat in our clubs (4 total clubs) to ever hook and throw a driver was a Phoenix. It happened fast. Close to 70 mph. The kill switch didn't work for some reason, but we were able to jump in his boat and turn it off. My buddy was ok. But pretty sore. He is a big boy!! Lol! Not only did he keep fishing that day, he has since purchased another Phoenix.
    I don't believe hooking has anything to do with the boat. Its more to do with driver input or the circumstances which made it happen. It wouldn't stop me from purchasing either brand.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    nothing in that post referred to anyone. I never said anything about any friends. I am really not sure what you are trying to get at or trying to stir up but this makes not sense.

My bad, I thought You did:

[QUOTE=Phoenix 921;8237987]Fishin fever I think this also is subjective. I say that from this point of view. I own a Z522 2012 Ranger it was a nice boat and did as good on bad windy days on fork when the wind was 30-35 and gusting to 45. I bought it to fish the wind blown banks for big bass. The boat did has well has you could have asked. I know a guide on fork who also runs a Z522 who says the 522 rides better then the Phoenix 921, I don't know what world he lives[ which is the Ranger world LOL] but the 522 doesn't have a better ride then the 921. The 921 has the softest ride in the industry IMHO but the ride in the wind because it could span the waves was good in the Z522 but different then the 921.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    As I said we have plenty BCB and Phoenix boats in our clubs. They out number all other brand boats. The only boat in our clubs (4 total clubs) to ever hook and throw a driver was a Phoenix. It happened fast. Close to 70 mph. The kill switch didn't work for some reason, but we were able to jump in his boat and turn it off. My buddy was ok. But pretty sore. He is a big boy!! Lol! Not only did he keep fishing that day, he has since purchased another Phoenix.
    I don't believe hooking has anything to do with the boat. Its more to do with driver input or the circumstances which made it happen. It wouldn't stop me from purchasing either brand.
    you obviously don't have any bullet's they are known for it. I have two buddies who owned them and they say if you over trim a Bullet you can hook them because the nose will drop and you will have a bad day. I hook a Skeeter going slow and it was my fault. I think in the right conditions most any of them will hook. I would say when you buy any high power Bass boat to just be careful. These are not toys and they can kill you if you do not learn to drive them correctly and be careful. Just my .02

4. Banned
    Best Riding Boat, Jaguar..........Maybe a 522D would be with it but its a Walleye Hulled Bass Boat Cap Hybrid....Im still gonna say Jaguar, especially with a 400R which non of the Cookie Cutter brands will even rate their 21 for, thats gotta say something in terms of Construction

5. Member
    That jaguar 400r would suit me just fine.

They have a Jaguar and 350 Verado on the water in Houston. Not a dramatic setup, just a fine running rig for those to ride in.

7. Member
    You also don't need to run wot all the time, must adjust for conditions I've been driving bass boats for over 30 years and seen it all good, bad, ugly these are not boats to take lightly they are dangerous with the wrong driver.

8. Member
    BBC I would like to ride in them all to make my decision easier, wish the lynx was able to be driven but I'm just excited to be a part of it all.

Topgun, I have a 17 Jag with the 350 verado. If you ride in that boat be prepared to buy it unless you cannot swing the cost. I ran a P2 and a pumaftd. They are great boats but the Jag/350 is in another league.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Topgun, I have a 17 Jag with the 350 verado. If you ride in that boat be prepared to buy it unless you cannot swing the cost. I ran a P2 and a pumaftd. They are great boats but the Jag/350 is in another league.
    That is a great looking setup.

11. Member
    We shall see Friday and saturday.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    you obviously don't have any bullet's they are known for it. I have two buddies who owned them and they say if you over trim a Bullet you can hook them because the nose will drop and you will have a bad day. I hook a Skeeter going slow and it was my fault. I think in the right conditions most any of them will hook. I would say when you buy any high power Bass boat to just be careful. These are not toys and they can kill you if you do not learn to drive them correctly and be careful. Just my .02
    We have 2 Bullets and a Blazer. None have hooked.....Well at least not during a tournament. They may have hooked outside of tournaments and not told anyone!! Lol!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    We have 2 Bullets and a Blazer. None have hooked.....Well at least not during a tournament. They may have hooked outside of tournaments and not told anyone!! Lol!
    I know some guys that run them here at Fork and they all will tell you to be careful driving a bullet. They are nice boats if you like to go fast. LOL They have one out here that will run 105 MPH. I am not running any down just pointing out all bass boats can be dangerous.

14. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Any high performance bass boat can hook. If you're running fast, and you let off the gas quickly to slow down, instead of trimming down, that nose will come down and around, in a hurry.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    I've never heard of anybody hooking a basscat and being thrown out. I've seen video of this but it appears to be driver related and this could happen in any brand it's not BCB related, any boat can hook with the wrong situation.
    Two members of the Ascension Area Anglers both have been thrown out of their boats, and one of them multiple times, but they are still BCB customers. Maybe they are running them too hard, too much trim, etc, but it still happened. I'm sure everyone has got thrown out of every type of boat at some time or another, but it was the number of times this happened that made me stay away from BCB when I was shopping. I do still want to drive one, I just think I would go with one of the bigger models and not something like the Eyra.

I have a 07 520 ranger with the razor 4 24 xl it will bow hook . Only prop out of 10-12 I have tried that hooked. I think its mor3e a prop issues than a boat issue.

17. Member
    I believe the Bullet hooking issue, maybe the BCB as mentioned above hooked because of driver input, and also Prop to pad may be too high. I know bullets like the prop to pad much higher than a BCB. Bigger chance of the prop losing bite. That's usually when a boat will hook.
    One of the BCB pros that usually ran on edge, but knew how to work a BCB was K-Pink. I have seen his Eyra almost completely sideways. I could see the floorboard. He never backed off. After diving these boats for a long time, its like a extended part of you.

Once again for OP. Both manufactures make excellent boats. Drive them. Fish them. Cant go wrong with either.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dks300 View Post
    As an addition, one thing that kept me from considering BCB more when I was shopping was that I personally know several people who got threw out of their boat from it hooking. The guys are still loyal BCB customers, so they must be doing something right lol
    This is the exact same thing that steered me to look another direction. I have always loved and still do will someday probably own one but I just know too many people who have experience a bow hook from a cat. I know it’s possible with any performance type hull and I’m well aware of that but it just seems like an all too common thing that hits too close to home for me.. I went with a Phoenix this time but could very well go with a bcb next time.

99% of bow hooks are caused by the driver letting the bow of the boat come down in a different direction than the direction you were going the second before. Chine walking can cause that if you get spooked a chop the throttle quickly instead of trimming down first. The same thing CAN happen when crossing a boat wake trying to pass. Trim down FIRST, get over the wake into clean water, then trim back up and pass. Perhaps the reason guys are seeing BCBs hook is because BassCats are typically passing everything else...other than A boats or B boats. If you fly over a wake and the rear end of the boat becomes airborne, then slams back down, forcing the bow down in the process, you're going for a swim or at least somewhere else in the boat other than behind the steering wheel.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    If you fly over a wake and the rear end of the boat becomes airborne, then slams back down, forcing the bow down in the process, you're going for a swim or at least somewhere else in the boat other than behind the steering wheel.
    That sounds like almost every Tournament blast off or busy Saturday at the lake. Do they really hook that easily?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast