Thread: Prop Ring

Prop Ring

150 3.0 litre 4 stroke ser# 1B947225
    Don, white plastic ring(8M0054695) came loose so I pulled prop and replaced if I look into prop after install and rotate prop back and forth the plastic ring will move slightly doesn't sound like it's scraping and is not making noise, prop spins freely is this slight movement ok? Old ring did not have any broken ears or wear marks.

Thks

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

2. Member
    I've replaced about 3 of those. They don't seem to stay in place very well. One thing Mercury needs to have their Engineers look into if it is a recommended item.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Simply a protector for the carrier nut and case/threads. Doesn't take a whole lot of sand or debris to dislodge it (pretty close tolerance, especially with the FT-III hub kit).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor