Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FLW Cumberland Lake

Anyone care to guess weights for FLW tournament on Cumberland in April.

2. Member
    I'll guess 61-4

Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by jgorrell.tcp View Post
    I'll guess 61-4
    This will be very close. 15 lbs a day for the winner if conditions are on a warm trend. Weather will be a huge factor. It's suppose to be in the 60's all next week. If that weather patterns holds for the next 2-3 weeks it could be excellent fishing. If we get another arctic blast the entire first week week of April, weights will be cut in half for the majority of the field. 40-44 lbs will win if cold front holds all week.

5. Member
    I'm thinking for sure that time of year it will be north of 70lbs. Fish should be shallow and easy pickings for most of the field. Just going around rolling a spinnerbait and flipping a jig should be able to get almost anyone 12-14lbs.

6. Member
    I've been fishing Cumberland fairly regularly this year and I believe it's going to take on average 17 lbs a day to stay in it. If conditions are right if only for one day there will be several bags over 20#

22ish# per day Id say for the top 3
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Look at the recent numbers for Guntersville (79) and the Harris Chain (73) for the winning 4 day weight. They are known lakes for big numbers....no way Cumberland has that kind of weight or bigger. 160 plus boats in both tournaments and both tournaments combined have 5 people north of 70 and zero at 80 lbs or more. I think the winning numbers will be closer to the numbers that Lake Travis had (59). To cash a check the number will be higher than Lake Travis. It took 4.5 lbs per day (18 for 4 days) to cash a check. 50th place will be slightly north of 20 lbs.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.

9. Member
    Hopefully it will be terrible conditions and low weights! Lake has enough pressure as is.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Hopefully it will be terrible conditions and low weights! Lake has enough pressure as is.
    Terrible conditions, low weights and lake pressure will have zero impact of them returning to Cumberland. You can thank the Somerset Tourism commission for the tournament. It's a $ deal. Point in case look at the FLW Rayovac Championship result from about 10-12 years ago. That was the tournament that Brett Ehler won barely beating local HC Sumpter. Weights were super low. How many of those anglers do you think want to return to Cumberland. $ brought them to town not how the lake fishes.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-17-2017 at 11:44 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Look at the recent numbers for Guntersville (79) and the Harris Chain (73) for the winning 4 day weight. They are known lakes for big numbers....no way Cumberland has that kind of weight or bigger. 160 plus boats in both tournaments and both tournaments combined have 5 people north of 70 and zero at 80 lbs or more. I think the winning numbers will be closer to the numbers that Lake Travis had (59). To cash a check the number will be higher than Lake Travis. It took 4.5 lbs per day (18 for 4 days) to cash a check. 50th place will be slightly north of 20 lbs.
    I bet Cumberland smashes Guntersville as far as average weight weighed in. It might not quite match that winning total, but 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, will all be higher at Cumberland than Guntersville. Cland is simply a better fishery right now and it will be fished at a better time of year.

12. Member
    Flw gonna hit it perfect barring flood- fished today and lakes in great shape

13. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    What was the water temp HH?

14. Member
    48 where I was

15. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Thank you. I was scared the cold week had brought it down more than that.

Ok back to the topic. I'd say 70 to win.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Terrible conditions, low weights and lake pressure will have zero impact of them returning to Cumberland. You can thank the Somerset Tourism commission for the tournament. It's a $ deal. Point in case look at the FLW Rayovac Championship result from about 10-12 years ago. That was the tournament that Brett Ehler won barely beating local HC Sumpter. Weights were super low. How many of those anglers do you think want to return to Cumberland. $ brought them to town not how the lake fishes.
    Gene I wasn't referring to the tournament coming back with big weigh ins come the crowds. Ask the guys at the chick and Guntersville what tournaments have done for their lakes
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I bet Cumberland smashes Guntersville as far as average weight weighed in. It might not quite match that winning total, but 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, will all be higher at Cumberland than Guntersville. Cland is simply a better fishery right now and it will be fished at a better time of year.
    Agree...average weight from top to bottom at Cumberland will be higher than Guntersville. I think the timing at Cumberland has potential to see some big individual day weights but I don't see anybody bringing in 18-20 pound four days in a row. There is not a lot of stuff out there for me to base my opinion on because most tournaments on Cumberland are 1 day or 2 day at the most. I just know if you look at the few tournaments held on that lake that are two day weights there is a lot of inconsistency. Bass tend to roam on that lake with the bait and the bait has lots of area to roam around in. This will make it hard to put together 4 days in a row of consistent big weights...but then again the majority of the field could probably out fish me on Cumberland so my opinion may be proven wrong

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Gene I wasn't referring to the tournament coming back with big weigh ins come the crowds. Ask the guys at the chick and Guntersville what tournaments have done for their lakes
    I understand exactly...If my memory is correct Green was listed in the top 100 lakes in the US in 2014 and 2015 according to an news release from BASS. It was around 90 ish both times it made the list if I recall it right. In 2016 BASS had the College Championship here giving it more exposure. As far as I am concerned if people never hear about Cumberland or Green on a national level that will be fine with me. KY Lake, Lake Barkely and Dale Hollow can have all the exposure. I just soon no one knows about Cumberland or Green.

My official guess is 62-4

18. Member
    I wish they wouldn't come!

19. Member
    Unless a monster cold front or a flood comes i think it will be right around mid 60s.

20. Member
    Water level up 3 feet since yesterday - gonna get trashy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast