Bleeding trim system.

I have a 2000 mercury 175EFI s#OT153779. I put a new O-ring on the tilt cylinder put it all back together now I can't get the air out of the trim system. I filled up the reservoir until it started coming out with the motor all the way up, closed it and cycled the trim several times. Trim is working but squalls like low on fluid. I can't add anymore so it's full so that's why I think there is still air in the system. Any ideas?
    Last edited by ProCraft00; 03-16-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    2000 ProCraft 175 Merc

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Cycle all the way to the stops (UP and DOWN), and hold against the stop for 2-3 seconds (activating bypass circuit).

Place engine in DOWN position overnight.

Next day, raise engine and recheck fluid... repeat as necessary.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    raise mtr all the way up undo relief valve slowly let mtr ALL the way dn try that several times and refill
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    The above should work but sometimes you have to take it out and run it a while to get where you want to be.

Trimed all the way up and down, let set over night all the way down. Checked fluid this morning and was good. No more air. Thanks for the help guys.
    2000 ProCraft 175 Merc