Thumbs Up Well I finally did it!!

Well I finally pulled the trigger on the new 2017 Yamaha F90Lb.(1.8L sohc) For some months I have been looking at a new boat, but after paying off my boat n truck and completely out of debt(except for my mortgage) I started looking into that new 90 from Yamaha decided to go with the Re-power route instead.

So my tin is a 09 Alumacraft pro175. Now just have to wait for the weather to warm up and the dealership to call me.

Pics n videos to come

2. Member
    Good for you!

Same rout Iam going. Congratulations!
    I've got my boat so tore apart I'm redesigning the whole thing. And then re-power with the new motor. And it's basically a brand-new boat. And I'm still not in debt, that's the big plus.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    I think you made a wise choice and that Yamaha should serve you very well.

5. Member
    Nothing wrong with that at all. If the hull is sound and you are happy with it you should be good to go for a very long time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaPro View Post
    Well I finally pulled the trigger on the new 2017 Yamaha F90Lb.(1.8L sohc) For some months I have been looking at a new boat, but after paying off my boat n truck and completely out of debt(except for my mortgage) I started looking into that new 90 from Yamaha decided to go with the Re-power route instead.

So my tin is a 09 Alumacraft pro175. Now just have to wait for the weather to warm up and the dealership to call me.

Pics n videos to come
    Nice! Alumacrafts are built to last anyway :-)
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

Congrats! Should be a great setup!

8. Member
    Nothing better than owning your boat and truck :)

9. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

Congrats. That will be awesome.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

11. Member
    Finally got the boat into the shop today, won't be long now.

Keep us posted! Always neat to see a new engine mounted and how it works out.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

Good for you! I know that new Yammy will certainly get good use. Re-power is where it's at. I just told the wife yesterday that if I blow up this 115 I'm going to buy the 150 and put on my boat. My mechanic who has been working at the local Yamaha dealer said to get the standard f150 instead of the SHO as he never has anyone come in with problems for that motor. I didn't ask him why not the SHO. But I don't need the SHO anyway and the F150 would make me more than happy when I repower. The owner there said that when I made the decision he would make a deal with me on the controls as well to ease the cost if I went with the Yammy. So now all I have to do is blow up my 115.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Good for you! I know that new Yammy will certainly get good use. Re-power is where it's at. I just told the wife yesterday that if I blow up this 115 I'm going to buy the 150 and put on my boat. My mechanic who has been working at the local Yamaha dealer said to get the standard f150 instead of the SHO as he never has anyone come in with problems for that motor. I didn't ask him why not the SHO. But I don't need the SHO anyway and the F150 would make me more than happy when I repower. The owner there said that when I made the decision he would make a deal with me on the controls as well to ease the cost if I went with the Yammy. So now all I have to do is blow up my 115.
    Lol, well you need to trade in the motor. That will help the new ones price. I know though, it's hard to spend money on wants and not needs. So if you blow it, well then it's a need. I get it.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

15. Member
    Well I really thought my next post here would have been pics and maden voyage vid, but no go. The day after I dropped the boat off got a call from the dealer. My brand new motor that hasn't even hit the water was under a safety recall yaaaa.

Well I'll just found out today the replacement parts will be here Tuesday and hopefully have the boat back by this Wednesday. So that's 3Weeks without a boat ughhh.

Well I really thought my next post here would have been pics and maden voyage vid, but no go. The day after I dropped the boat off got a call from the dealer. My brand new motor that hasn't even hit the water was under a safety recall yaaaa.

Well I'll just found out today the replacement parts will be here Tuesday and hopefully have the boat back by this Wednesday. So that's 3Weeks without a boat ughhh.
    Do you know what the recall is for? (What parts).

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Do you know what the recall is for? (What parts).
    Yes it's a safety recall on the throttle bushing of some sort according to Yamaha when I called them.

18. Member
    Alright so I've had sometime with the motor now, break in is complete and have been running and testing. Now also 90% of the time it's just me in the boat. Hole shot is ridiculous, feels like I'm up on plane in 20' even with all my gear and live well full.

So so here are some numbers

Boat is a 09 Alumacraft Pro 175

holeshot is amazing.

prop im running now is a 13'.25'' 17p 3 blade aluminum k series.

Now my current top speed on gps is 43.2mph at 6k rpm.

Cruise speed is 35mph at 5k rpm.

Next might go to a s/s or up in pitch, was also thinking a jack plate.

will try to get a vid up

Alright so I've had sometime with the motor now, break in is complete and have been running and testing. Now also 90% of the time it's just me in the boat. Hole shot is ridiculous, feels like I'm up on plane in 20' even with all my gear and live well full.

So so here are some numbers

Boat is a 09 Alumacraft Pro 175

holeshot is amazing.

prop im running now is a 13'.25'' 17p 3 blade aluminum k series.

Now my current top speed on gps is 43.2mph at 6k rpm.

Cruise speed is 35mph at 5k rpm.

Next might go to a s/s or up in pitch, was also thinking a jack plate.

will try to get a vid up
    I am about to buy a brand new boat with this new yamaha. What did you have on it before the repower? Also how long was break in? just curious as they say this new 90 yamaha is a strong motor over the older f90 1.5

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ragin_cajun92 View Post
    I am about to buy a brand new boat with this new yamaha. What did you have on it before the repower? Also how long was break in? just curious as they say this new 90 yamaha is a strong motor over the older f90 1.5
    My previous motor was a Yami 50TLR (2Stroke)

This new 90 blows it out of the water. hole shot is amazing

Break-in was 10Hrs

From First hr - 2hr = nothing over 2k RPM or up to 1/2 throttle
    3hr - increase throttle until on plane
    Remaining 8 was Any speed but wot no more then 5min at a time.