Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    Now this is ironic, Archie has the same NCAA tourney record that Crean has....sounds like he will be a perfect fit!
    Four straight tournys. Crean not so much.

Is he sure he knows what he is in for? He is a run and gun guy, going for a 4-5 guard offense that is up tempo.....sounds like more turnovers with the current roster!
    That is not true. Have you watched Dayton play? Defense first coach
    At least we had 1987....

Now this is ironic, Archie has the same NCAA tourney record that Crean has....sounds like he will be a perfect fit!
    With players that he could get to Dayton.....He'll be able to recruit much better talent at IU....and teach them how to play smart, fundamental, defense first basketball!
    At least we had 1987....

Quote Originally Posted by L.Roberts View Post
    That is not true. Have you watched Dayton play? Defense first coach
    I was speaking of offense and his coaching philosophy, not defense, and I quote:

"Miller employs a structured transition offense intended to open up games, create foul trouble for opponents, and score before the defense can get set. His offensive approach has been called "one of the most complete transition offensive systems you will find." He frequently uses a "Phoenix fast break" with players pushing the ball off of rebounds and turnovers in a flexible system that can take on a variety of alignments. He will modify the Phoenix break based on personnel to accommodate five guards or two post players on the floor at once. If an opponent scores, Miller employs a "Carolina transition offense" to create scoring opportunities which flow right into a motion offense."
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

A systematic transition offense is not run and gun, which is what was stated. and that transition offense is based on getting stops and rebounds on defense....which you quoted.
    I guess we'll see....Dayton was annually much better defensively than IU.....with lesser players.
    At least we had 1987....

6. Banned
    Dayton was ranked 44th this year in points allowed at 66.4...
    IU was 208th allowing 73.3 per game.

Dayton was 31st in assist to turnover ratio at 1.33... Indiana was 247th at .94

I'm thinking Indiana will be just fine here in a few years given what Miller was able to accomplish at Dayton.
    Last edited by bradjames12; 03-30-2017 at 06:26 AM.

All I really know is while i didn't love Crean, I though the did a great job in rebuilding the program after the mess that Sampson left it in. Hopefully Miller can move the program forward back into national contention on a yearly basis. I know some love the hire, others don't, but I'm much more in the wait and see camp. No real opinion, just glad they didn't hire Alford.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12