Question Looking for some help

Hey guys looking to upgrade my electronics I am ready to order but unsure which way to go my original thoughts were a helix 10 si at helm and a 9 di at bow my reasoning was I didn't think there would be a need or real use of si on the front but now I have talked to a few people and they said you'd be an idiot to not go ahead and get both in a 10 with si. Then a humminbird rep said get a 10si at helm and 10di at bow and ethernet them and share the side imaging to the front if I so desire down the road. I am at a loss what do yal recommend.

Not sure how the new stuff works, but my 8" and 10" gen 1 HDS units share one SI transducer mounted on trolling motor. Only downside is can only use it with TM in down position.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
    Not sure how the new stuff works, but my 8" and 10" gen 1 HDS units share one SI transducer mounted on trolling motor. Only downside is can only use it with TM in down position.

That would suck... I use my little plain graph more idling around and looking than I do when I'm on my trolling motor fishing...

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In my opinion if you do go with side image up front, have the units own transducer. You would always be reading whats in back of you and eventually get tired of that and change it out. Put on the right stuff 1 time and be done. I have it on mine, rarely use it but it is there.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

few years ago ,academy sports, was looking at the new FF, and about had 1 picked out, the salesman said they don't sell the transducers for any of them.. So I just walked out with the other fishing stuff I bought. And never looked at them things since Just the small TM Unit up front and old dash flasher.. And Old School Style Fishing as usual

6. Member
    I would look at 2 helix 10 units. Same physical size as the 9's. Run a thru hull 2d transducer for running, di/si on the jackplate and di/2d on the trolling motor. Ethernet them and read what you wAnt from where you want. Get both sides units if $$ is not a big issue. That way you can swap around if you have an issue with one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I would look at 2 helix 10 units. Same physical size as the 9's. Run a thru hull 2d transducer for running, di/si on the jackplate and di/2d on the trolling motor. Ethernet them and read what you wAnt from where you want.
    I agree. You'll want to ethernet to share waypoints anyway and then the DI unit up front can share the SI signal on the transom. The fixed SI ducer on the transom will be easier to understand for a novice and mostly only used to side scan things like boat docks while trolling, IMO. I'd also upgrade the SI ducer that comes standard with the Helix units (non mega) to get the best images possible. Also, you're going to need a Y cable to split the signals for the SI and 2D in the hull, another $50.