Fishing for your thoughts? ... have two boats - two purposes - would prefer just one

I have two fishing boats. One is a multi-species boat that I use for Trolling for many different things, catfishing, crappie fishing, and taking more than one person fishing which happens often. The other is a bass boat which I use for tourneys, strictly bass fishing.

My my quandary is this. I have found I can use the trolling motor and cast for bass pretty and catch plenty but the multi species really is not good for many rods on front deck becuase of short length on mine.

is there any newer designed boats that encompass the front deck size or at least good enough to lay down 5/6 rods and really bass fish hard for hours but also have the more comfortable ride of the multi species while allowing me to do all the other types of fishing I enjoy as well? Or does the boat I seek just not exist ? Would be nice to sell my two and just maintain one boat.

the only caveat to my search is large enough oxygenated divided livewell for co-anglers in tourneys with decent enough even if not full bass boat size rear casting deck and place for their rods and such

any help would be appreciated ... what I seek may not even exist

2. Member
    IF I could afford it, I would add an aluminum boat with a jet drive to get at places bass boat can't get to.

I have a Tuffy X-190 which meets a lot of your criteria. Deep V, big front casting deck, and an extended, removable rear casting platform is available. The boat has a musky-sized rear livewell. You could take out the rear deck extension which would give you a lot of area around the cockpit for trolling.

I would also consider the Lund Pro V Bass in the pedestal model.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

4. Member
    Got a gheenoe also to go hit the flats

5. Member
    Have a look at the Lund Pro-V Bass.

6. Member
    Yep the Lund Pro V Bass. Multispecies Hull with a Bass Boat layout.

7. Member
    a flats-ish style boat. Something like a storm perhaps. And get a custom build.
    If I had my choice I would add features of the Storm and custom build.
    http://www.stormboats.com/index.html

Some of the ample storage and floor layout design of the Big O
    http://www.bigoboats.com/bigo-bass-boat-top-deck.html

And some qualities of a riverpro or rockproof boat... like a stand up center console with bench seat/extra bait tank livewell underneath?
    http://www.riverpro-boats.com/201LoProDCC
    http://www.rockproofboats.com/

Just me, (with limited experience with multispecies boats), I would opt for a "bass boat" that can do everything rather than an everything boat that can be used for bass fishing. But I will always want to fish tournaments, go fast, and have the great maneuverability in shallow waters or swift rivers if needed.

8. Banned
    I have bigger problem! Lol

Alumacraft Competitor 175/Merc Opti 115
    Xpress H51/Merc 25hp for small lakes
    Ascend FS12T kayak
    Emotion Mojo kayak

Got it ALL covered! LOL

9. Member
    I have bigger problem! Lol

Alumacraft Competitor 175/Merc Opti 115
    Xpress H51/Merc 25hp for small lakes
    Ascend FS12T kayak
    Emotion Mojo kayak

Got it ALL covered! LOL

I have the "boat disease" worse than you
    188C Ranger 150HP
    196 Key West Bay Reef (bay boat) 150HP
    17ft Aluminum tunnel hull 50HP
    15ft homemade duck boat 8HP
    3 yaks
    And I still want another couple of boats....my wife says I have a problem

10. Member
    As stated above...I would look really hard at the Lund Pro V bass.

11. Member
    We have a Ranger Intracoastal, sitting on an all aluminum trailer. The boat has all tinned wiring and trim tabs, which make this Z520ci a better boat. We fish for bass or head to the sound and fish for flounder, reds, specks, blues, spanish or whatever else.
    My best boat over a long life and by far my best.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

12. Member
    I don't think there is a boat out there that meets your needs better than a Lund 1875 or 2075 pro v bass XS.

13. Member
    look into the lowe catfish models. it should suit your needs https://www.loweboats.com/multi-spec...ts/20-Catfish/
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Like said before the two boats that really come to mind when your saying all of your criteria is the Tuffy X-190 or the Lund Pro-V Bass XS. The 190 has rails for mounting rod holders to in the back and the Lund has the track system for rod holders so that covers your trolling. They both have the divided livewells. Both have large casting platforms.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    I don't think there is a boat out there that meets your needs better than a Lund 1875 or 2075 pro v bass XS.
    Either this or some type of a saltwater bay boat.

I am in the same position and I can't make up mind.

16. Member
    Allison xb 21 2+2 will do all your asking and more. Existed since 2003. If you want to run 90 get a 250, if your happy with 70 get a 150

http://www.allisonboats.com/content/...ssport-2plus2/

17. Member
    I have a Lund 1875 Pro V Bass with a 200 Verado. You won't be disappointed. Mine has the bench seat. I'd consider the XS with flip up seats if do much trolling or fish more than two at a time.

18. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I have a Lund Rebel with 25hp for smaller lakes with a maxxum 80 on front. I use this boat but the front deck and rod lay down area Suck. I found a rod holder on Amazon that will help with this problem. You can never replace the front deck of a Fiberglass boat. Hugh walking area, super stable and you can have room for 10 rods plus your dog and my big azz on the front deck. Keep the 2 boats if you have room at your house.

19. Member
    If your handy, custom build one. It's not that difficult. If not, have one built. This way you get exactly what you want.
    Check out tinboats.net. Lots of ideas their.
    Also look at fishonfabrications. They custom build also.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    IF I could afford it, I would add an aluminum boat with a jet drive to get at places bass boat can't get to.
    I did this,but sold the jet motor after a year.There was a section of river that once the water level dropped the sharp jagged rocks scared me.Still have my aluminum boat but have a 25 on it now.