FLUSH MOUNTED 12 ON V20 CONSOLE

How practical is it to flush mount a HDS 12 on your V20 console? Do you sacrifice much view of the screen, if so would you recommend going with and aftermarket mount of some sort? I do like the flush mounted look but if it does not offer a decent view of the screen it may be a little frustrating. Any input appreciated.

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    I went with the precision sonar mount on mine. I personally do not care for flush mounting a graph because you can't change the angle of the screen. I like the precision mount as it helps move the screen closer to you and a bit higher over the steering wheel

3. Member
    Mounts are a better option plus when you decide to change you don't have a massive hole in your boat.
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    I went with precision sonar mounts as well and I love them. It enables me to keep my hands on the wheel and play with my graphs at the same time. I don't have to worry about glare from the sun either.

5. Member
    I have a 12 flush mounted. I like flush mount, but the steering wheel is in the way. Not a great design... There's room to tilt the whole steering unit down. It just needs some kind of shim. It could be easily fixed if they would change the form
    on the console slightly to where the steer unit mounted close to vertical. As it is I keep my wheel tilted all the way down. All the way up almost touches the screen. If someone has a solution or makes an adapter shim let me know!

6. Member
    I was told I couldn't add a spacer that I want badly for my steering wheel. However the newer wheels you should have no issue adding a spacer. If anyone knows of a spacer I can add to my 211 please let me know. My wheel only has one bolt.
    Nitro z21

7. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    I was told I couldn't add a spacer that I want badly for my steering wheel. However the newer wheels you should have no issue adding a spacer. If anyone knows of a spacer I can add to my 211 please let me know. My wheel only has one bolt.

http://precisionsonar.com/products/

Check there. Scroll down a bit and you will see the steering wheel spacer kits

8. Member
    I would need a brand new steering wheel for those to work.
    Nitro z21

DRush, when you say a shim are you talking about something that would be placed between the whole steering unit and console to tilt everything down more? I really like the flush mounted look but hate to not be able to view the entire screen. I'm torn....