Thumbs Up Can't beat the feeling

When I got home yesterday, I had a package on my front porch from Basscat. It had the jacket and cap that came with the purchase of my new Puma. The jacket and cap were no surprise as I knew they were coming. What I didn't expect was a hand written note from Rick thanking me for my purchase, noting the selling dealer as well. That simple gesture of taking 5 minutes to write that to me made my day and made me feel like the most important customer they have. Thanks Rick and Basscat for doing business the way you do.

2. Member
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

3. Member
    You can't beat that.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Isn't that awesome? I've bought three brand new Cats. I have all three letters framed in my office here at home. I know that sounds crazy, but when people stop by and see those, and I explain what they are...they are truly amazed. He didn't send me a letter when I bought my Caracal last year...it was used though.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    Awesome! What amazes me is how Rick remembers everyone's name.

6. Member
    I had the exact same experience !!! I bought a P2 from Hide A Way Harbor in Tuscaloosa AL and met Rick at the dealership just a few weeks after my purchase. A few weeks later, I got a hand written card thanking me for my purchase ! Even more amazing is that he remembered my sons name, our next Alabama BASS Nation Highschool Tournament we were telling him about, and the video I showed Rick of us surprising my son with our new P2 !!! Rick and the entire BassCat staff has made us feel like we were family...even from the 1st time I ever set foot into a dealership just to 'dream'. Amazing people...amazing company...amazing product !!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    When I got home yesterday, I had a package on my front porch from Basscat. It had the jacket and cap that came with the purchase of my new Puma. The jacket and cap were no surprise as I knew they were coming. What I didn't expect was a hand written note from Rick thanking me for my purchase, noting the selling dealer as well. That simple gesture of taking 5 minutes to write that to me made my day and made me feel like the most important customer they have. Thanks Rick and Basscat for doing business the way you do.

That's awesome ! Maybe one day... I will get the itch bad enough for a new one again. No doubt about it you get treated well by BCB staff. Well you can always tell everybody that asks about your ride... "The jacket and cap cost me 70K, They gave me the boat !"

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Isn't that awesome? I've bought three brand new Cats. I have all three letters framed in my office here at home. I know that sounds crazy, but when people stop by and see those, and I explain what they are...they are truly amazed. He didn't send me a letter when I bought my Caracal last year...it was used though.
    Me either but I did get a new BassCat cap when I transferred the warranty and joined Quest. Good enough for me!

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by don delaney View Post
    I had the exact same experience !!! I bought a P2 from Hide A Way Harbor in Tuscaloosa AL and met Rick at the dealership just a few weeks after my purchase. A few weeks later, I got a hand written card thanking me for my purchase ! Even more amazing is that he remembered my sons name, our next Alabama BASS Nation Highschool Tournament we were telling him about, and the video I showed Rick of us surprising my son with our new P2 !!! Rick and the entire BassCat staff has made us feel like we were family...even from the 1st time I ever set foot into a dealership just to 'dream'. Amazing people...amazing company...amazing product !!!
    Good folks at that dealership. I may order a boat from them soon.

10. Member
    So your saying I shouldn't rush to buy hat and jacket on my own? I ordered a Caracal 2 weeks ago and was thinking about buying some Bass Cat apparel. How soon do they send the hat and jacket, I have no patience, I want to put on a Bass Cat hat now.

They take about 4-8 weeks after delivery usually. The wait go longer around January due to them waiting on the notes and shop business. Right now they are within 4 weeks of delivery.