Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    My "guess" is the color options will be limited like the Margay, not a huge fan of the white. Would love to see one in person. 19'6 in length, that is alot bigger than I thought it would be.

That's my "guess" as well, I understand that helps keep the price down but I hate gel on boats especially white. If it is standard white gel then I'd at least like to see getting it flaked as an option, don't know what that cost difference would be but at least give me the choice if I want to pay a little extra for it.

3. Member
    I saw this boat at the Classic and I was impressed with it.

4. Member
    Agreed Trident - no perfect boat haha

5. Member
    I'd have to run one but from the looks of it I'd rather have the new Classic than a P2. Better layout. I've got a P2 right now and I love everything about the boat except the access to the rigging compartment, it absolutely sucks. For me the center rod storage makes more sense too. Where's the gas tank, couldn't tell from the pics but I did see it had under seat storage which means probably not under the seats.

6. Member
    Looked like the gas tank is under the rear deck. Bilge area is packed in there

7. Member
    Gas tank is in the rear I believe. Overall, I believe the Classic may have more storage than the PII. With a rear tank, it may be faster than the PII, possibly a slightly slower hole shot(with 200hp). I am of course guessing.
    I really like this boat.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Collis View Post
    It fits in a 8' garage door.
    Did they confirm the exact width of the trailer? I read 93, which does fit inside a 96 inch opening, but not without significant risk of a crunched fender.

9. Member
    I agree with above, I think the Classic has a better layout than the P2. I don't mind a bit with the 90" beam, because I fish a lot of lakes with a ton of stumps. My current rig Ranger 372 is plenty stable with an 88" beam. I just hope we can order how we want (color, Options, ect). The last couple years been wanting to upgrade to a cat, but with small kids just could not justify it yet. The 93 Ranger still is going strong after 24 years.

The trailer at the Classic was a wider frame. They can take 6" out of it to beam width of 90".

Standard Equipment, Options and Colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The trailer at the Classic was a wider frame. They can take 6" out of it to beam width of 90".
    Is there somewhere we can look to see the list of standard equipment and options on this boat yet? If not when will that be available and will there be the option to flake the cap or will it have to be white gel like the Margay?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    So fender to fender 90"? That's stellar if so. Would the narrow trailer be an option or standard?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Looked like the gas tank is under the rear deck. Bilge area is packed in there
    I saw that after I posted. It's packed in there but at least you can get to it. With 3 batteries, a charger, oil tank and 2 PP pumps plus a wave pack my compartment is stuffed. I just complain when I'm getting ready to put new batteries in, other than that great boat.

14. Member
    Does anyone have any deck measurements yet? I'm very interested in this boat. I like the PII with two exceptions...trolling motor pedal too far forward, and bilge access opening is too small. The new Classic has addressed both of those complaints. I'm just wondering if the deck is as wide/wider than the PII front deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    Does anyone have any deck measurements yet? I'm very interested in this boat. I like the PII with two exceptions...trolling motor pedal too far forward, and bilge access opening is too small. The new Classic has addressed both of those complaints. I'm just wondering if the deck is as wide/wider than the PII front deck.
    Wider

16. Member
    Awesome! I believe I've just found my next boat.

They are working on the list and they have made the frame under 8' or future models.

This boat looks great. This will definetly be on my list when I will be buy. The one question I have is why the center rod locker opens toward the port side. I normally sit there to work on rods and it looks like I would need to close it to get to the other storage boxes. Would it be possible to flip that center locker lid around to open towards the starboard side. just a thought. I really think bass cat did a great job on this model.

Tom

They too would have liked that though the net scabbard was interfering with the opening that direction.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast