Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but don’t feel bad Acuna. Your situation reminded me when I was installing the Attwood pull out cleats in the aft part of my Classic. I was using a combo ratchet, a hex to square converter and a “self-modified” deep well socket in a real tight spot. Anyway, I cut the holes in the gunnel, put the nut inside the socket and started to thread the cleat in. I didn’t think ahead that when I tighten the nut on the cleat, the shaft gets deeper into the socket, and I can’t take the combo ratchet off and turn it around to loosen the nut. With no room to back the deep well socket out, I inherently trapped my socket and wrench in the boat. Everything is still in there and I reckon I would have to tear out the gunnel to get the tool out, which ain’t happening.

2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IT WAS MY FAVORITE WRENCH!
    I LOCATED IT WITH A METAL DETECTOR FROM UNDERNEATH I USED A 4" HOLE SAW THEN JUST JB WELD THE PLUG BACK IN!

earth magnet and fish tape, it hits that earth magnet it will not come off.

4. Member
    Sounds like you borrowed my luck. As stated above, a big magnet, just keep it away from your electronics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12