Thread: Caracal console

Caracal console

Does the steering wheel block the view of a single electronic unit flush-mounted in the console? I'm debating if I should flush-mount mine or put it on a Balzout mount to the right of the console.

I flush mounted a HDS 9, no problem!, unless u drive with the wheel tilted all the way up.
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

3. Member
    Another HDS9 Flush mounted with no issue

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Shouldn't be a problem.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    Onix 10 no problem
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

6. Member
    Unless you tilt the wheel all the way down, you will have some obstruction. I prefer the wheel in the middle slot which puts the top of the wheel right in the middle of my Helix 10. When using your map at speed, I think a raised mount would be an improvement.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JarrodMc View Post
    Unless you tilt the wheel all the way down, you will have some obstruction. I prefer the wheel in the middle slot which puts the top of the wheel right in the middle of my Helix 10. When using your map at speed, I think a raised mount would be an improvement.
    That's what I figured from pics I have looked at. I also have a Helix 10, I'm going to put in on a Balzout mount if there's enough space to mount it between the shifter and console.

Take a look at Sherm's mount. If I had to do it over again I would not have cut the console. I have a 2015 Caracal and am thinking of going from Lowrance to Hummingbird. Now I'll have to fill the hole with something. JMO

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cat19 View Post
    Take a look at Sherm's mount. If I had to do it over again I would not have cut the console. I have a 2015 Caracal and am thinking of going from Lowrance to Hummingbird. Now I'll have to fill the hole with something. JMO
    How much space is there between the shifter and the console? Is there a cleat mounted in front of the shifter or behind the shifter? I need 4" of space for the base of a Balzout mount to fit.

10. Member
    I actually have two 10s at the console. One is flush mounted and the other is on a Ram mount where you described. There is enough room .... barely. You are somewhat limited because there is not much flat space.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JarrodMc View Post
    I actually have two 10s at the console. One is flush mounted and the other is on a Ram mount where you described. There is enough room .... barely. You are somewhat limited because there is not much flat space.
    How long is the Ram mount you're using? I'm thinking i will need a 9" arm on a Balzout mount for mounting in that location.

12. Member
    Yes. I have a 9" extension. Works perfect.