changing oil return lines

Hey guys I have a 94 225 efi. I need to replace all of my oil return lines. Wondering if there is any thing I need to be aware of while I'm doing the job. Is oil going to drain everywhere
    05 198scx champion 225 merc pro XS
    95 202dcx elite champion 225 merc efi
    95 181dc champion 150 xr6blackmax merc

2. Member
    Describe what you are calling a "oil return lines".

3. Member
    All the little black oil lines that go from each cylinder the the six way splitter to the return hose to the oil pump. I got the hose I need but broke a brass nipple was able to remove it safely. The center one behind the power bank with the solinoids. Can I get those at the hardware store or are they specific to mercury
    05 198scx champion 225 merc pro XS
    95 202dcx elite champion 225 merc efi
    95 181dc champion 150 xr6blackmax merc

4. Member
    I would get the hose and fittings from a Mercury Dealer.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

And each hose is cut to a very specific (and very important) length. Reference the Service Manual, OR the Parts Catalog for appropriate lengths (see the "Bleed System").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor