QuickDraw: Does it support the following

1. Depth Range Shading
    2. Dynamic lake level offset

2. Member
    Depth Range Shading. Yes. I don't recall right now just how many colors and ranges can be set but there are several.

The lake level offset is more complicated or seems so to most. Dynamic? I'm not sure what that means. The maps for my lake show the depths at full pool. My lake varies 50-60 ft depending on time of year. So I have to manually enter an offset. The first offset is for the Quickdraw recording. It is reading the current depth so the offset has to be a plus number to be added to the reading to adjust the readings to be what they would have been at full pool. That takes care of the making the internal recording of data to be consistent. Next is what I'm looking at. That's the Display offset. Since the map was made at full pool and today it is not I have to enter the same number as negative for the display to show correct depths. For example. Full pool is 1710. Today the elevation is 1660. That's off by 50 ft. Recording offset would be +50. Display offset would be -50.

Last note. It is really important that these numbers be accurate and consistently adjusted from trip to trip or the Quickdraw contours will be screwy.

Clear as mud I guess!
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Without looking it up, I think around 8-10 colors or so. I know I used different ones for each three foot increment. The other question I am like Sgt Schultz

4. Member
    Im pretty sure dynamic lake levels are only available on the premium charts.

For QD and the built in charts - its like lwinchester2 said - you have to do it manually with the offsets.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    I don't get the "dynamic" lake levels. Somebody tell me what it is. There are only a few times during the year that the lake levels of the lake I fish are consistent. The only way for me to know precisely what the current lake level is, is to go to the TVA website and check the hourly readings at the dam. So if there is some automatic something it would really have to be good. GPS is not that good so someone please explain what this "dynamic" means.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    I havent any idea how that would work either. I would think they would need some way to know the lake level. You can find current levels for many resevours on-line, but how would your MFD get that information in real time?

I dont own a premium lakes card so I have never messed with it. Doesnt seem to be any information available on-line either.

Yes, you need the Ultra card to have the Dynamic Lake Level feature, and it works with all the HD lakes. You manually enter this offset in the Chart menu based on the current lake level, essentially just like you do with QD contours and those manual offsets. So, if you have both QD contours and the Ultra card, you can set both the depth offset for QD contours and Dynamic Lake Level offset for LakeVu HD contours.

When you enter the Dynamic Lake Level offset, it also asks you for the specific time period for the offset (adjustments are by the day/week, etc.). When your original entered time period has expired, you will get a notice during MFD bootup.
    Last edited by Todd Driscoll; 03-16-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Interesting. That sounds like a pretty useful thing to have if you fish lakes that change level much.