Thread: Helix Mega

Helix Mega

Who has the best deal on the new Helix Mega

There are no deals that I can find. Hummingbird excludes their products from local sales from the big box outfits. Unless you know someone that owns a sporting goods shop, its $1300 for the 9" and $1700 for the 10"

Humminbird does have MAP ....minimum advertised pricing ..... but if you call some of the board sponsors you can get a better deal than the big box stores ..... Check BBG Marine and Universal Mania ....Sometimes calling them gets you a better price than they can advertise.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Thanks ....... Will do

That makes no sense to me. If HB wants to move units then they should allow the prices to be lowered and dealers to compete. Otherwise, it appears to me to be price fixing and collision between the HB and its distributors. Imagine if car manufacturers did that.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    If HB wants to move units then they should allow the prices to be lowered and dealers to compete.
    I don't believe Humminbird is having any problems moving units. They've moved 2 units to my house this month
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Banned
    That makes no sense to me. If HB wants to move units then they should allow the prices to be lowered and dealers to compete. Otherwise, it appears to me to be price fixing and collision between the HB and its distributors. Imagine if car manufacturers did that.
    Yea imagine if folks didn't sell things at almost wholesale. We might have more American jobs...... imagine.

There's still competition .... it's only the ADVERTISED price that is controlled.... Calling vendors is the what the potential buyer can do to determine the best price.

9. Banned
    price itself is controlled at times as well but all distributors don't play by the rules

Is MAP Legal?
    Before you ask, yes, this is perfectly legal under U.S. antitrust statutes. Since minimum advertised pricing only relates to “advertised” pricing and does not tell a retailer what they can sell it for in their store, this practice time is legal. It is a protection for the manufacturers. IF customers begin to see they can buy your product for $699 versus the $999 MSRP, they quickly surmise that they MSRP is inflated or too high. And when tat happens, no one will ever pay $999 again. Thus making the value of your product (as a manufacturer) much less which then leads to brand erosion.

Essentially, you are limited when advertising MAP-protected products, but you can sell these products at any price you choose. Meaning that when the customer comes in your store, you can sell them that Bose speaker system for less than $999 if you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    There's still competition .... it's only the ADVERTISED price that is controlled.... Calling vendors is the what the potential buyer can do to determine the best price.
    I am a potential buyer as are most of us but I don't plan on paying MSRP or MAP. Calling every distributor to find out what their price is so pre-internet days and not what I'm willing to waste my limited time on. So, I guesss I'll wait until I see the prices fluctuate which will probably be when Gen 3 comes.

HB gets there revenue regardless of what the distributor sells them for anyway. HB got paid for the Gen 1 units which are sitting on shelves right now. I guess MAP on new models would offer protection to the distributors that still have those units. I'm sure some of them are off-loading them at below invoice just to move them.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

I am a potential buyer as are most of us but I don't plan on paying MSRP or MAP. Calling every distributor to find out what their price is so pre-internet days and not what I'm willing to waste my limited time on. So, I guesss I'll wait until I see the prices fluctuate which will probably be when Gen 3 comes.

HB gets there revenue regardless of what the distributor sells them for anyway. HB got paid for the Gen 1 units which are sitting on shelves right now. I guess MAP on new models would offer protection to the distributors that still have those units. I'm sure some of them are off-loading them at below invoice just to move them.
    I guess I'm not that spoiled by the internet. I'm willing to make a couple phone calls to find the best price I can. Always surprises me now days the things people get offended by.

I guess I'm not that spoiled by the internet. I'm willing to make a couple phone calls to find the best price I can. Always surprises me now days the things people get offended by.
    I'm not offended by HB practices (where did you get that I'm offended?). I stated I don't agree with them forcing distributors to hold to a specific price or advertise that price even though they will sell for less. What happened to truth in advertising? Maybe your coffers are deep. Mine are not. I would love to purchase a Helix 10 Mega but I'm not going to spend $1700 on one. Posting false prices, in my opinion, is just damned dumb. Let the distributors and dealers duke it out. That's what capitalism is all about.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

I'm not offended by HB practices (where did you get that I'm offended?). I stated I don't agree with them forcing distributors to hold to a specific price or advertise that price even though they will sell for less. What happened to truth in advertising? Maybe your coffers are deep. Mine are not. I would love to purchase a Helix 10 Mega but I'm not going to spend $1700 on one. Posting false prices, in my opinion, is just damned dumb. Let the distributors and dealers duke it out. That's what capitalism is all about.
    You sure sound offended to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Maker View Post
    Who has the best deal on the new Helix Mega
    The only vendors I've found discounting MEGA (openly) are Universal Mania and www.ultimatepassage.com
    Ultimate Passage discount will show when you have the item in the Cart.

Not a lot, but some. I'm in the market too and will be buying soon. To MEGA or not to MEGA. That is the question !

BBG Marine is another place to look.

16. Member
    You don't have to call. Look on here for the board sponsors and send them a pm or email. They will respond with the best price they can offer you. It doesn't get much easier than that.

17. Member
    Check eBay. I see a savings of $100 on the 9" right now and free shipping.

You sure sound offended to me.
    Our definitions of "offended" must be quite different then.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Call, leave a voice mail during regular business hours - you will get a call back with a quote.

https://www.universalmania.com/pages...ga%20gps%20g2n

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post8514826
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/