Pedestal height question

I'm thinking about purchasing a folding boat seat for the deck. I was wondering what height of pedestal you guys use for yours. I have always used the butt seats to rest on but I think that pedestal will be too high. I'm right at 6'
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.

6'2" and when I use a chair I like a 16" pedestal. Most common fixed pedestals are 11" and 13" but I find these too short. I have a 16" I bought from Cabelas but use a pneumatic adjustable pedestal now for both chair and another for pro seat. Most pro seat pedistals are 29"-31".

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've not used a seat for a long, long time. I do have a 13" pedestal and have put the seat in on the front deck to try it out. The 13" is fine for me...I'm 6' tall. My boat has two positions at the bow for a seat or leaning post. If I ever have to use the seat again, I'll put it in the position that is farther away from the bow, so using the trolling motor pedal is more comfortable.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I found a 15" straight version, but recently went to a offset type. This allows movement left, right, and back. Found it easier to get to the rods on deck and is way better for the trolling motor pedal. You don't feel like your sitting on top of it. The 15" post was moved to the back.

Last edited by XS-Skeet; 03-17-2017 at 11:23 AM.

5. Member
    DOH!!
    Thanks XS .....
    Do not take your half in the middle ....