Question Minn Kota Fortrex - Does it come with bow mount stabilizer bar?

I recently ordered a 2017 Triton 189 trx... I added a Minn Kota Fortrex 80 24V system. Does the Minn Kota come with the bow mount stabilizer bar as standard equipment, or do you need to order that as a separate accessory?

2. Member
    Separate

3. Member
    I think just the 36volt does.atleast that's how it was 3 years ago

4. Member
    Yes it comes with stabilizer

5. Member
    My 112 came with it, but my 80 did not. The 80 I put on my champ in 14 so they may come with them now. My ranger came with the 112 and it was included.

6. Member
    No only on the 112

7. Member
    I called Minn Kota. It does not. I ordered one on Amazon for $39. Thanks everyone for the answers!

8. Member
    Pardon my ignorance but what advantage does it have and what does it prevent?
    I have a fortrex 80
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

9. Member
    I called them last year when the one I bought did not have one in the box. MK said "their" engineers stated that the 45 inch shaft 80 lb Fortex...does not need a stabilizer. I tols them to send one of the more educated engineers down here, and I can prove them wrong rally quick. I bought one also. BS.

10. Member
    [QUOTE=ColdSVT;8222787]Pardon my ignorance but what advantage does it have and what does it prevent?
    I have a fortrex 80
    It is an aluminum pipe that screws in the threaded part near the head of the troll motor...and when motor is stowed....the pipe rest on the floor of the boat...helping to support the end of the troll motor when in heavy seas. Most folks used to just make them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    I have a fortrex 80
    Keeps The net from flying off the deck when you are running from spot to spot. I use it to old the net down instead of putting it up every time I fire up the big motor
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

12. Member
    [QUOTE=lakebouef5;8223104]
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    I have a fortrex 80
    It is an aluminum pipe that screws in the threaded part near the head of the troll motor...and when motor is stowed....the pipe rest on the floor of the boat...helping to support the end of the troll motor when in heavy seas. Most folks used to just make them themselves.
    I see...my slow ass rig will be fine without one lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150