What comes with the 12 ft Minn Kota talon when purchased new?

Does this bracket come with the talon when you purchase it new?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    nope, separate purchase
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

3. Member
    over $1500 and you get no brackets to mount on the boat? That's crazy...Its almost like buying a brand new car without rims and tires.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    over $1500 and you get no brackets to mount on the boat? That's crazy...Its almost like buying a brand new car without rims and tires.
    PP is the same way, but their brackets are less than $200 versus over $300 for Talon mounts.

5. Member
    You will get the bracket/piece that holds the Talon itself, but not the mount as what you pictured. Many people have grabbed a 12' Talon and bracket for $1,500ish just shop around.

Many boats like my old one are better off without that bracket, so charging people for a item they won't use is worse than lots of people adding a part. Vehicle specific. You don't buy a corvette with Mickey tompson drag radials on it from the dealer.

7. Member
    as I said in my first post, its still like buying a brand new car without wheels and tires. Most boats need this bracket to complete this installation, never seen a boat without this bracket and you are the first that I heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Many boats like my old one are better off without that bracket, so charging people for a item they won't use is worse than lots of people adding a part. Vehicle specific. You don't buy a corvette with Mickey tompson drag radials on it from the dealer.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

8. Member
    It's like buying a trolling motor without a mount lol

You pictured a sandwich bracket. Mercury explicitly says no sandwich brackets. Also most boats need a side mount jack plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    that too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    It's like buying a trolling motor without a mount lol
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

Buy a new outboard, no prop included. I got my brackets free when I bought a new boat as well as anchors at cost... Came off the profits of dealer.

12. Member
    I’d bet it’s because “many” fishing boats are not bass boats. I think it’s probably true that “most” bass boats need a bracket like this, but I’d bet money that “many”--maybe even "most" talon installs DON’T require the bracket and bolt directly to the transom. If it was included, then you’d have “many” people griping about paying for a large part they don’t use, which would clearly give their competition (which also doesnt include the bracket) a definitive price edge.

13. Member
    This is true. Around here walleye is king and you see a ton of single talons on aluminum rigs bolted straight to the transom.

14. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS
    There is several different brackets, the one you have in picture is a sandwich bracket that goes between motor and boat. I got the one that mounts to side of jack plate. Power poles are same way, you pick out which brackets you want and buy them separate. If you want 2 12 foot talons with tilt brackets and mounting brackets plan on spending around $4,000. That's if you buy from bassman25. He has best deal on Talons! Not sure what PP'S cost but sure you can get pretty close to that, everybody I talked to spent closer to $5,000 on PP'S. Good luck with your purchase.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasta63 View Post
    There is several different brackets, the one you have in picture is a sandwich bracket that goes between motor and boat. I got the one that mounts to side of jack plate. Power poles are same way, you pick out which brackets you want and buy them separate. If you want 2 12 foot talons with tilt brackets and mounting brackets plan on spending around $4,000. That's if you buy from bassman25. He has best deal on Talons! Not sure what PP'S cost but sure you can get pretty close to that, everybody I talked to spent closer to $5,000 on PP'S. Good luck with your purchase.
    If anyone spent 5000 on powerpoles then they should have been gold plated.... 5,000 with brackets even on a set of 10 foot blades is way over retail pricing.. cant speak for talons as I do not sell them ... but your powerpole pricing is WAYYYY off. If anyone wants a quote let me know, think you will be surprised.. especially if you read the above.