Lithium batteries/stealth

Thinking about upgrading to lithium batteries on my xb-21. For those who have upgraded on a 24 volt motor, did you change out all three batteries or just the two front batteries. Was wondering how it effected the balance of the boat reducing the weight of the cranking battery on the port side.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I went to 36v....I am running 2 36v Lithium Pros in the front and I kept my 80lb PM1 AGM cranking battery for Ballast.

There would be no benefit going to a lithium cranker the way the 2 seater is setup because you would have to add that much weight back in for ballast.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    I did the same as Tim on my XB21. I agree for the most part about the cranking battery. The advantage I see with loosing some weight in the cranking battery area is then you could put that weight where it may work better. But as far a loosing the weight up front in my boat I saw no advantage.

4. Member
    Thanks for the information. You both confirmed my thinking about the agm cranking battery needing to stay.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Even with the 80lb cranking battery directly behind the passenger seat, I have to add 60lbs of lead and a spare prop to the port side to balance it out.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I'm with Tim n this one too. I've got a 24V 32LB lithium up front on my Pro 2 seater and a 80 LB Sears PM1 right behind the passenger seat against that wall. I too have given it a great deal of thought about ditching the heavy AGM but then I'd have to add in 80 more pounds and another 50 in ballast so what's the purpose of that? So I guess it's saving me about 1000.00 right?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P