Thread: Stealth charger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My next power source for cranking will be a pair of Optima Batteries connected in parallel.
    Carte's Custom

Now were talking

3. Member
    I recently asked Danny from Stealth about the blue tops and whether his unit would charge it. He said it would charge but he was not a fan of the Optimas in combination of his system because of the low reserve capacity.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comb655 View Post
    I recently asked Danny from Stealth about the blue tops and whether his unit would charge it. He said it would charge but he was not a fan of the Optimas in combination of his system because of the low reserve capacity.
    Really? I have 3 optimas in my boat and have fished two days straight without charging trollers in hurricane wind on pickwick running electronics all day and never had an issue cranking or troller. I have 3 bank stealth charger. Leave it plugged in all time when I'm not fishing. All my electronics is on my cranking battery. Have even fished all day without cranking engine with exception of getting to my fish spot and ran aeration all day. Either you got a bad charger or wired wrong.

5. Member
    I've had 4 boats in 30 years. I equipped all with Optimus. The total number of Optimus purchased is very close to 20. I had one Optima that did not perform to my satisfaction; they replaced it at no charge. Have never had problems with draining the battery during fishing. I think they are great batteries.
    Carte's Custom

6. Member
    Woody....You read far too much into what I wrote. My stealth works great. When I needed new batteries, I contacted Danny (owner of Stealth1) and informed him that I was considering purchasing a Bluetop for my cranking/electronics and wanted to know whether there was any issue with charging an AGM battery with his AC system. He simply stated that the system would charge the battery fine but he added that he wasn't a fan of the blue top used in combination with his system because of its low reserve capacity. Nothing more. With that said, I've heard nothing but good reviews on the Bluetop but, in an abundance of caution, I went with a high reserve deep cycle.

7. Member
    Hey the mini jumpers you can get at auto parts work great for bad situations keep one always and there less than a 100 dollars

8. Member
    I'm replacing 2 blue top trolling batteries when I get home, they held up extremely well for 8 years and were used in 2 different boats. In fact my last 3 fishing trips they were weak and would not take a complete charge, but with the assistance of the stealth charger they performed quit well all 3 weekends on Pickwick. That's exactly why I find it difficult to consider lithium batteries. I know they are lighter but heck I'd then have to add weight elsewhere. In my opinion, 8 years of service, 200 dollars apiece, and the proper weight to balance my boat... hard to ask for more.

Johnny Johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12