1999 mercury 200hp EFI not going anywere.

I just sold my boat Saturday and test drove it with the buyer all ok,they took it out Sunday and he just called me said it started good and idled good but wont go any were when throttled up the rpm just changes slightly.SN#is 0G945808 what would I have him check.I feel bad about this situation and would like to help him. Thanks for all the help in advance

Stator (high end) if I had one guess.....and most are not equiped to check it properly
    Mark
    2003XB/225 Promax

3. Member
    Thanks real life is it something a novice can change and are they expensive?

If someone tool the cowling off, check the plug wires to make sure all are good when putting it back on. one may be pulled out. Also could be a spun hub in the prop.
    Good Luck

5. Member
    could be fuel line restricted tell him pull filter dump it in jar any brown particals BINGO
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks for all the educated guesses. I will text him the info.

7. Member
    The guy just called me said they broke the retainer clip on the throttle.

8. Member
    new owner did ????????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    well it broke, it worked good the day before when we went for a test drive,so he got another one all is good,boat ran good, I sure want to thanks all of you,now I am boat less and its been 24 years.

10. Banned
    Your going through with drawls then. You need a quick "Fix"! Go buy a new one, L.O.L.!

11. Member
    I wish, Im old and poor and new boats cost way to much these days its to bad they made it into a rich mans sport.