Grenada lake navigation

I've never fished from a boat in Grenada but am thinking about trying to catch some crappie this weekend. Does anyone have any advice on keeping off of trees or mud flats? I only have the basic map that comes on a lowrance hook so I'm not sure how well it will work for keeping me out of shallow water. Any advice on safe ramps to use or where to avoid is greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Main landing is and will be the safest ramp to launch. Lake is low so going up either river will be a challenge. Watch the crowd
    I believe there is a crappie tournament here every weekend this month. Just had a large one the past weekend.

3. Member
    Thanks. I heard the cold front put a damper on the action, is that true? I know at Davis lake yesterday I was having to fish 2-3x deeper than what my cousin said.

4. Member
    Don't have a fishing report from the tournament. The trollers had been catching most of the fish. Waders and jig fishermen were catching
    fish back before the rain and cooler weather.

5. Member
    2 day total of 29 lbs won the tournament. Limit each day of 7 fish. Only team to weight in a limit each day. Looking at the results the fishing looked to have really slowed down. (AMERICAN CRAPPIE TRAIL.COM to see results)

6. Member
    Thanks! Looking at the forecast it's not going to warm up any this weekend.

7. Member
    Headed to Pickwick in October to fish a small tournament, may need some tips and pointers.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinreb View Post
    Headed to Pickwick in October to fish a small tournament, may need some tips and pointers.
    Depends on what kind of weather we have. If it was like last fall they was still holding deeper due to the hot temps. If we have a cool fall they will move up shallow.