Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Personally I would not waste a lot of time with Spotlight scan at this point. The technology curve has moved way passed this particular product and what is coming will definitely be 1000000 times better.

2. Member
    I'd like to think Lowrance is going to be coming up with something much better myself, but who knows when that will happen. Believe me, I'll be first in line to give them my money when they do have a new product for scanning around the front of my boat. I'm almost ready to switch to a 'bird up front just for the 360.

In the mean time I'd like to know if this option really works, as I have a spotlight transducer that is not being fully utilized. If it worked for you, I'd like to hear more about what you had to do to get everything set up. My motor isn't here so I won't be able to look at it again until this coming weekend when I'm up at the lake, so if you are able to provide some info about what I would need to take with me for this, or if it is even worth my time, it would be much appreciated.

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Oct 1st. And again don’t waste the time

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Even if you guys could get the sensor to mount under the pedal, it still would not work due to the speed of the Ultrexs turning speed. (I'm only referring to the spotlight function.)

Grout, mentioned this very important issue!!!

Remember in the menu you have to select the model of trolling motor being used, no selection for Ultrex.
    It has nothing on an ultrex to do with speed it can turn.

It has do with the ratio or relation of foot pedal to head movement.

The result may be.... V may align during calibration when straight, but then be way off when aimed 180degrees. Hence the reason for trolling motor selection, to apply the known ratio to match the V.
    Last edited by moetorola; 09-17-2018 at 11:21 AM.

5. Member
    So in the setup it just ask what pedal you are using. Nothing about trolling motor.

6. Member
    Ok guys put the trolling motor on new boat went to the lake and the spotlight scan works. When you go in to set it up it just ask for what pedal you are using. I will shot a video next weekend. I pulled up on some bridge pilings and used it to find some spotted bass and caught some nice ones.

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    NICE!!!!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    Just an FYI, I was using a Spotlight ducer on a Gen3 unit just for the HDI. After updating to the 18.2 software I started getting a faint bottom drawing intermittently. I called Lowrance and they confirmed there is a known issue with the software update and the Spotlight ducer. I ended up switching it out for a standard HDI ducer and it works fine now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hard2gard View Post
    Just an FYI, I was using a Spotlight ducer on a Gen3 unit just for the HDI. After updating to the 18.2 software I started getting a faint bottom drawing intermittently. I called Lowrance and they confirmed there is a known issue with the software update and the Spotlight ducer. I ended up switching it out for a standard HDI ducer and it works fine now.
    Thanks for the info!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    Oct 1st. And again don’t waste the time
    Not everyone has the money to upgrade every time the latest and greatest comes out though.

11. Member
    Good deal! It's 3 years later and I'm going to try to do the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12