Soft Plastics/ Jig Rod

I have been looking at three rods to replace my Cumara that I have now broke twice. I have been looking at a MH/F Tatula, MH/F Zillion and a MH/F Kistler Magnesium. I currently have two Tatula's that I really like. Can anyone offer likes/dislikes of these three or which one you preferred over the other if you've used any of these rods? The rod will be strictly used as a soft plastics rod with an occasional jig tied on.

2. Member
    Tatula's are great rods. The Zillion just isnt that much better than the Tatula rod (same blank) to justify the price difference. The components are a little different but just not enough.
    For a little more money and to fit exactly what you are looking for in the $200 ish price range get an ALX Deputy. 3/8 to 1/2 jigs and Texas rig worms is where this rod really shines.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

3. Member
    Never even held an ALX.

4. Member
    I think they started seeling them at Cabelas if you have one close. Check them out. Board sponsor too. The Zolo models are their higher end rods. I have acummulated a bunch of them. Great company and very sensitive rods.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

5. Member
    Thanks for the input bud!

6. Member
    Shoot yeah man! ALX Zolo lineup are really good. The Dream is my go to shakeyhead rod. Deputy is a all around med/hvy rod and the Toadface is my swim jig/ frog rod. However the 7'4" Tatula Frog rod is one heck of a rod for anything heavy action. Froggin, swim jigs and flippin. That rod has such a good action even better than the ALX Toadface. If your in the market for a froggin rod I'd get the Tatula
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

7. Member
    X2 ALX Deputy

Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    However the 7'4" Tatula Frog rod is one heck of a rod for anything heavy action. Froggin, swim jigs and flippin. That rod has such a good action even better than the ALX Toadface. If your in the market for a froggin rod I'd get the Tatula
    Uh oh... someone needs to look at the ALX ENOX Arcus... LOL!

(different price point though)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    Uh oh... someone needs to look at the ALX ENOX Arcus... LOL!

(different price point though)
    Ready when you are!!
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS