Thread: Holding depth?

Holding depth?

So I've heard 8' PP will only hold bottom at around 6-6 1/2'. Can I expect the same usable depth with an 8' Talon?

2. Member
    About 7.5' with a Talon, especially on the Skeeter where you will mount them to the sponsons height, and they will sit about 4" in the water when fishing. Bring this question on the Skeeter forum. Plenty of people over there with both and will give you some insight.
    Last edited by Randy T; 03-12-2017 at 04:40 PM.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    7 foot on an 8 foot powerpole, rule of thumb subtract a foot.

Both Talon and pp will hold with less than a foot of max deployment. However changing bottom consistently and wave height I give the advantage to mk Talon. Have you seen the video of pp on the river 1.5' deep high current, the anchor was deployed more than 50% to hold. And it did. I know that Talon doesn't loose any energy due to leverage being gained by two 4' sections that can twist to loose bottom pressure vs Talon is straight down... My experiance with anchors leads me to have this opinion voiding room for pumps and what not... 7' of water =8' blades best choice for all possible benefits and cons. ... 7' of water and more 12' Talon all the way.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Up to 7 foot of water, 8 foot blades. 8 to 9 foot of water... 10 foot blades, 10 feet of water to infinity... ultrex w spotlock.

I have 2 10' blades for reference. On a nice day with decent bottom the best they can hold me in is 8.4' from the bottom of my boat. The best it can do. My 12' Talon would hold in 11.5' from the bottom of the boat in the same conditions.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    holding depth varies on bottom composition as stated above by Fishysam on a hard bottom 9 foot is achievable on a 10 foot blade, in mud, silt, soft bottoms the spike will penetrate the "bottom" more so depth will be reduced.