Smile Yamaha trim reading.

I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2011 SHO that is connected to my HDS units with the Yamaha interface cable via the NEMA 2000 network.

I want to see trim on the HDS units but I am a bit confused how to go about this. Several things I read say just find and connect the two pink wires in the engine. I also see do that BUT....disconnect the original trim gauge. And finally.....the Yamaha information I can find says that it must be done by a Yamaha dealer.

Anyone done this and if so......do you mind sharing.

Also....is there a calibration procedure after it is connected

thanks

2. Banned
    It does not need to be done by a dealer.

To get the trim information on the Yamaha network so that it can be sent to the NMEA 2000 network the two pink wires need to be connected together. Hardest part will be to remove the caps. The two connectors are generally held together by yellow tape. They will be up front in the bottom of the engine cowling.

One sender cannot provide data to two displays. You will need to disconnect the trim signal from the Yamaha trim gauge if you have one. Otherwise they will both be off.

Calibration should not be required. But it can be done if needed. Loosen the trim cam at the front of the motor and rotate it so that when the motor is trimmed fully downward the trim indication is fully downward.
    Last edited by jethro1; 03-11-2017 at 10:47 PM.

3. Member
    Thanks very much. This was very helpful.

4. bash11
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro1 View Post
    It does not need to be done by a dealer.

To get the trim information on the Yamaha network so that it can be sent to the NMEA 2000 network the two pink wires need to be connected together. Hardest part will be to remove the caps. The two connectors are generally held together by yellow tape. They will be up front in the bottom of the engine cowling.

One sender cannot provide data to two displays. You will need to disconnect the trim signal from the Yamaha trim gauge if you have one. Otherwise they will both be off.

Calibration should not be required. But it can be done if needed. Loosen the trim cam at the front of the motor and rotate it so that when the motor is trimmed fully downward the trim indication is fully downward.
    Sorry for that. I have 2013 Yamaha F115LA. i need to calibrate it. Digital tril is ready from 0% to 124% when the motor is touching the " motor pistons"

As far I undertood, just I need lose the trim cam when the motor is all the way down
    Last edited by bash11; 04-15-2021 at 12:48 PM.