Thread: Fuel Selector

Fuel Selector

Thanks ahead for any help.. I have a 2007 Blazer 210 Pro-V.. The fuel selector valve for port or starboard fell apart. Does anybody know where I can buy another. Thanks

Can get the Brass Ones at most auto parts, boat dealer ..Avg $25 -$30.00 depends where and who

3. Member
    This one has cable behind it..

4. Member
    It is in the driver side wall of the boat, is just a manually toggle with port abd starboard wrote on it..

If it's the valve and its plastic change to a brass one and switch it in the back or if valve is in the center and ur fuel lines are about the same length the new ones have a dual selection where u can run on both tanks at the same time to keep tanks about the same for balance I don't think they have had the selector on the side in a few years good luck
    2023 ranger 198p

6. Banned
    I'm looking for this same valve but thinking I might just do the brass one. If someone finds it, let me know though. Would at least like to know if they still exist.

7. Member
    they do not build the plastic one any longer.. Keith, the Blazer owner told me he had not been able to get them in a few years. He now uses a brass one just like pictured above. Even the 625 you have to open the back hatch and manually change tanks.. I had to do the same on my 202.. I also have a 210 and it is not working right either.. it will be next

8. Banned
    Ben is spot on. Saw Keith at the Classic, he told me the exact same thing.

9. Member
    Wow, thats not good.. now I have a hole on my driver's side of my boat.

10. Member
    I just put a brass T in its place, so now it draws from both tanks. I also just left the the round selector on the side if my boat so they are no hole

11. Banned
    Yeah I just left the selector down there. No harm. No hole.

12. Member
    I don't mean to hijack this post, but I have a question about the brass tee and pulling out of both tanks at the same time. with the tee mounted above the tanks, I would think that there would be no way for the tanks to equalize, so if it were pulling from one tank faster than the other or there was more fuel in one than the other, would it not suck air into the system if one tank ran dry? I like this idea, but I am concerned that it might cause problems that i would not be equipted to handle on the lake.

What do you guys think?

Brad

13. Banned
    I had your same thought Brad, and I don't like sucking from both tanks. You can get a valve that can run one tank, the other, or both. I run mine on one or the other. That's just the way I like to do it.

14. Member
    I have pulled from both tanks for the last couple of months with no issue. they pull down evenly. I honestly didn't even mount the T. I do also use anti siphon valves on my gas tanks bc i have heard of people parking their boat on an incline and gas moving to 1 tank and overfilling. Hope this helps

15. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Its a double edge sword.....when you can switch which tank to pull from it can help balance the boat but pulling from both tanks can also do the same but you have to set the boat up for it. Most rookie drivers have issues with this.