Bell Cow and Wes Watkins

How are the bass/crappie in Bell Cow and Wes Watkins?

May be pullin my boat to the OKC area for a couple days.

2. Member
    Never been to Bell Cow but Wes Watkins is a suck hole. I lived 2 miles from it for a couple years and can't remember ever catching a bass out of it, it is thick with sandbass though.

3. Member
    If you're going to be in OKC you may as well drive 80 miles further and hit Arbuckle, it's worth the trip.

In the latest Bassmaster.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Bell Cow has produced some Hawgs over the last few years. There is an old man that works at the Academy in Edmond that has a done of pictures on the bragging board of 6 plus LM caught there. All on some form of Swimbait.

I've had so so luck from the bank. I need to get out and around some of the timber in my Kayak, but we haven't had a day without wind, cold and time off for me to make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchalk06 View Post
    Bell Cow has produced some Hawgs over the last few years. There is an old man that works at the Academy in Edmond that has a done of pictures on the bragging board of 6 plus LM caught there. All on some form of Swimbait.

I've had so so luck from the bank. I need to get out and around some of the timber in my Kayak, but we haven't had a day without wind, cold and time off for me to make the trip.

That was Bill Willis. Bill passed away a few months ago after a long fight with cancer. He had a bunch of +10 pound fish from Bell Cow. I've seen pictures of three of them. He was a master at that lake. This picture is a cell phone pic of one of the pictures you're referring to.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    I love fishing Bellcow and am still learning it. I've always done pretty good out there but I have yet to catch over a 3lber. I haven't been out there yet this year but hopefully will in the next week or two. Lots of stumps that's for sure!!
    1985 Ranger 373V
    2018 Ranger RT198P *SOLD*
    2019 Ranger Z521C

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

That was Bill Willis. Bill passed away a few months ago after a long fight with cancer. He had a bunch of +10 pound fish from Bell Cow. I've seen pictures of three of them. He was a master at that lake. This picture is a cell phone pic of one of the pictures you're referring to.
    That would be the man. Thank you. I didn't know Bill passed. That dude was a wealth of info for that store. I hadn't seen him around for a long while. I guess I know why now. He was a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'Formula View Post
    I love fishing Bellcow and am still learning it. I've always done pretty good out there but I have yet to catch over a 3lber. I haven't been out there yet this year but hopefully will in the next week or two. Lots of stumps that's for sure!!

For a Jig N Pig junkie like me, my head kinda explodes when I see all of the timber

For a Jig N Pig junkie like me, my head kinda explodes when I see all of the timber
    All that timber is one reason that I don't go there much anymore. I went through 3 or 4 props and skinned all the decals off the side of the boat the 2 or 3 years I fished there regularly.

A black spinnerbait with a gold Colorado blade was always my winning bait there. Buzzbaits work there too....I'll bet a Whopper Plopper would work too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    All that timber is one reason that I don't go there much anymore. I went through 3 or 4 props and skinned all the decals off the side of the boat the 2 or 3 years I fished there regularly.

A black spinnerbait with a gold Colorado blade was always my winning bait there. Buzzbaits work there too....I'll bet a Whopper Plopper would work too.
    No boat, just a Kayak for me. But I see your point. All that Timber would play hell on a rig.

12. Member
    Gets my heart racing every time I pull up to the ramp!
    1985 Ranger 373V
    2018 Ranger RT198P *SOLD*
    2019 Ranger Z521C

Quote Originally Posted by 99'Formula View Post
    Gets my heart racing every time I pull up to the ramp!
    Weather permitting, I am going to launch my kayak their Sunday Morning.

14. Member
    Fished bell cow from 10am to 6pm today. Water temps from 56 to 58. Not even a single bite today. It sucked. But it was a pretty day. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    Fished bell cow from 10am to 6pm today. Water temps from 56 to 58. Not even a single bite today. It sucked. But it was a pretty day. Thx
    Same deal at Arbuckle.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

16. Member
    Buddy of mine fished Canton today too without a single bite. I fished my neighborhood post for a few hours. Not 1 bite. They are shut down ��