Thread: Newbie from VA

Newbie from VA

Good morning! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just recently bought my first bass boat, well, my gf did! She's great! lol Anyways, it's a 1987 Skeeter Starfire 175. It's surprisingly in good shape other than the outside paint is cloudy and the top around the grab rails is down to the flake in spots. It did not come with an outboard, so I found one about 2 hours away from me. That is an older Johnson 100. I'll mainly be on Leesville, SML or eventually Kerr down in Clarksville. I've got some work to do before it's ready for water and this weather isn't cooperating! I don't have a way to store it inside, so it stays under the carport with the cover on. haha I'll get to posting some pics if anyone is interested. The only major concern I have at the moment is where the motor clamps to the transom, there is a metal plate with a small crack in it. I've removed it and the wood underneath is in pretty good shape. If anyone has any tips or anything to help with either the boat or motor, please let me know.

Anyways, thanks for having me. I'll get to searching more and finding anything I can on this thing before I can hit the water.

Thanks y'all!

Welcome!
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Thanks bud! There's a TON of info here. People put down using a forum nowadays, but I love it! Hell, I run a couple myself. Haha

Just wanted to run this by someone else. The outboard I have now is a '79 Johnson 100. I'm not sure what actually came on it so no clue there. On the back of the boat, there are these two large cables, one obviously steering. Can someone tell me what the other cut off one is? Was it a dual steering cable setup? The new motor had only a single cable, so would I run into any problems mating it up here? Do I need a dual cable setup for a smaller motor like the 100? Thanks y'all.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2wh2k2b.jpg