Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I would not go with the Nitro Z6. You will be wishing you had the longer length after a time of use. Storage, rod length, and three people. I can not disagree with other post because; I have not looked at some of the features of other boats. If you want duel console; the Z7 has the removable. Some of the other makes may also.

2. Member
    Phoenix 618. Also don't limit yourself on hull length for the garage. Look at length with motor down and tongue on trailer folded.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Phoenix 618. Also don't limit yourself on hull length for the garage. Look at length with motor down and tongue on trailer folded.
    Hull length has a definite impact when it comes to storage space. I have a straight back physical limitation of 20' 8" - door to wall. Angled I still have to be able get past with the mower, trash cans, etc. I have to have the smallest two car garage on record! Anything longer and I rent storage or build. I would very much like to avoid both since that won't change for about five more years...
    Last edited by mbartles; 03-14-2017 at 05:30 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartles View Post
    Been a frequent lurker and finally registered so this is my first post...
    Borderline empty nester researching options on very near future purchase now that 'boss' has given the green light. I have owned several tin in various sizes / makes and am looking to make the move to glass. Requirements are dual console, three across or bench seating, 18' 6" max hull length due to storage, with a $15 - 20K price range, model year 2000 or newer with either a 115, 150 or 175 Mercury, but would give Yamaha a try. 80% of time would be just me, other 20 with buddy, wife or wife / daughter. Not limited to bass, a lot of crappie and occasionally catfish or walleye thrown in for fun. 90% of use would be on Truman Lake. Others would be Pomme De Terre, Taneycomo, Lake of the Ozarks, Tablerock, White river. So far I have narrowed it down to:

Ranger 185 VS
    Triton 186 or 189
    Nitro Z7, maybe Z6

I based my list on boats I have physically seen or been in. Any suggestions for other models I should be considering?

Thanks for letting me steal your time to flog what is probably already a severely beaten horse!
    Mike
    New poster also but here goes:

1. 19 ft or less go with a single console
    2. Of the 4 boats you listed all would serve you well but eliminate the Z6. To small.
    3. For your budget you should be able to find at least a 2004 or 2005 really nice boat.
    4. Click around this site because there is a boats for sale page that will help you a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Bass cat margay, bass cat sabre, pheonix 618. I'd also recommend pro gator 178v or 180v. Also on the triton the 179 TRX isn't that much more than your max price new.and it's 18' 6 with a 115.
    If you can find an older Pro Gator 200V which is a 20' Dual console your wife will love it. ProGators ride rough water really well. My wife is a CPA girly type and has no issues going in the boat. Running 60mph in 1 1/2 - 2' chop is not a bad ride at all. I took my son with me a few days ago, he has a 20' Blazer, and he was shocked at how well my ProGator rode at speed in rough water. His comment was "dam this thing rides good in this chop". I've ridden in his boat on the same water and it nearly beat my kidneys out.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

For that price range.....Stratos 285, Javelin 389 or similar...Champion 186,184,183....Nitro z7 o z18....Ranger vs188 or 300 series. Basscatt sabre however its pretty small at 18' 1".

Coming back around to wrap it up - Finalized the deal today.
    In a couple of days, there will be a new to me 2007 TR 186 sitting in my garage. Merc Optimax 150 with a grand total of 20 hours on it with a 6" manual jack plate, all new batteries and three new tires to boot. The boat practically looks new! I am jazzed and can't wait to get it on Truman! Next headache... planning the electronics upgrade!

Good looking rig. Enjoy!!!
    1992 Sprint 286 Pro Tournament
    Evinrude 175XP

9. Member
    Nice find!! Enjoy

10. Member
    Dang looks like you found a real cream puff. Congrats!

I was at the Concord Mills, NC BPS yesterday and saw the Nitro Z17. No dual console and only a 90hp 4 stroke but the price was only $25k. I was surprised at the amount of room on that boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12