Thread: Ecu flash

Ecu flash

I own a Skeeter fx21 with a 250 sho. I was thinking about getting the ecu flashed to a 300 by Hydrotec. If anyone has done this can they please respond? Also what prop and where to set prop to pad?
    Skeeter fx21

JRBritt on the Gambler page has done this to his Sterling and is runnin quite well. He's purdy knowledgeable on the flashed SHO...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    I believe you will still have to raise the rev limiter to get that performance. I believe with both done its produces about 320hp. If you have any warranty left and they check the rev numbers it will void it. But just flashing the motor wont bring you any results IMO. But I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

You dont have to raise the limiter. Call Hydro Tech and talk to them. Basically you are going to gain about 50hp at the same rpms, and with a prop change (assuming you are close to limiter now) you will gain approx 5 mph.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

5. Member
    Do you know anyone that runs a fx21 that has a flashed ecu. If so do you know what prop their running or their prop to pad measurements?
    Skeeter fx21

Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    You dont have to raise the limiter. Call Hydro Tech and talk to them. Basically you are going to gain about 50hp at the same rpms, and with a prop change (assuming you are close to limiter now) you will gain approx 5 mph.
    I forgot about you and your latest runs with the flash....OMG and we just posted about it. Damn I'm gettin old...
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I forgot about you and your latest runs with the flash....OMG and we just posted about it. Damn I'm gettin old...
    Haha, it's all good man, been a busy week or 2 for everyone on here and you cant remember everything

Besides, my situation is a lot different than the OP's, but Rich Z ran my ecu and has a very similar setup as the OP, and he saw about a 5 mph gain. I believe he was running a 25p T1 that was massaged a little but forget the details and dont know his P2P, maybe he'll see this at some point and post.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

8. Member
    I am thinking this over as well, I have a 2015 Zx250 and would love to know what people are running for a prop with the Flash on this set up. And of course what RPM and speed they are getting!

Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Haha, it's all good man, been a busy week or 2 for everyone on here and you cant remember everything

Besides, my situation is a lot different than the OP's, but Rich Z ran my ecu and has a very similar setup as the OP, and he saw about a 5 mph gain. I believe he was running a 25p T1 that was massaged a little but forget the details and dont know his P2P, maybe he'll see this at some point and post.
    That's what he's lookin for....Rich should be able to help !!
    www.ncboatguy.com