Sig Sauer Romeo 5

Hey there friends. I have a Vortex Strikefire II that I really like. I was considering the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for another AR that I have. Can any of you compare the two from your experience? Thanks

See ya

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have a Vortex Strikefire II on one of my ARs and I love it with the 3X magnifier. I am getting another one
    when I sell a scope. Don't know the Sig Romeo 5 but I sure like my Vortex.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

3. Member
    For the $......I am not overly impressed with them. I dislike that they take a 2032 to operate. Not a major set-back, but you can find AAA's anywhere, the lithium CR2032's, not so much. The only bonus is that is is motion activated. Unless this is your plan, and it will be CQB for HD, then so be it. But I can attest that an Aimpoint PRO would be more to your liking if that is the case.

They claim 40k hours, Yeah if you don't have it illuminated past the lower 2 Night Vision settings. Otherwise it will burn through a battery even with motion sensing technology. Last thing you need is to have to use it & the damn thing is dead. Every time it is touched, bumped, jiggled or even slightly feels motion from a floor movement, it will activate (several accounts of that from other people talking about them online).

I would look hard at a Vortex Sparc-AR. Has all the same specs as the Romeo line-up. And pretty much at the same price point as well, just w/o motion sensing to turn it on, and it takes AAA batteries quickly loaded in the front. $200 at most places.

If you REALLY want to up the game a bit....I would consider looking at the Spitfire-AR. I have this one on one of mine & it has an Etched Duel Tactical Reticle in it. Plus is Illuminate red/green as well. SUPER bright in daylight in green setting @ level 12 brightness. It also co-wit's in lower 1/3rd as well (that I like)

Personally, I don't like optics that have Full Co-Witness. I prefer lower 1/3rd, but that's just me.

The Strikefire was made for very fast acquisition with a 4 MOA dot. The 2 MOA will enhance placement (accuracy to a point) but will not be any faster for POA.

That is JMO of coarse
    Last edited by R.D.; 03-11-2017 at 09:15 AM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    For the $......I am not overly impressed with them. I dislike that they take a 2032 to operate. Not a major set-back, but you can find AAA's anywhere, the lithium CR2032's, not so much. The only bonus is that is is motion activated. Unless this is your plan, and it will be CQB for HD, then so be it. But I can attest that an Aimpoint PRO would be more to your liking if that is the case.

They claim 40k hours, Yeah if you don't have it illuminated past the lower 2 Night Vision settings. Otherwise it will burn through a battery even with motion sensing technology. Last thing you need is to have to use it & the damn thing is dead. Every time it is touched, bumped, jiggled or even slightly feels motion from a floor movement, it will activate (several accounts of that from other people talking about them online).

I would look hard at a Vortex Sparc-AR. Has all the same specs as the Romeo line-up. And pretty much at the same price point as well, just w/o motion sensing to turn it on, and it takes AAA batteries quickly loaded in the front. $200 at most places.

If you REALLY want to up the game a bit....I would consider looking at the Spitfire-AR. I have this one on one of mine & it has an Etched Duel Tactical Reticle in it. Plus is Illuminate red/green as well. SUPER bright in daylight in green setting @ level 12 brightness. It also co-wit's in lower 1/3rd as well (that I like)

Personally, I don't like optics that have Full Co-Witness. I prefer lower 1/3rd, but that's just me.

The Strikefire was made for very fast acquisition with a 4 MOA dot. The 2 MOA will enhance placement (accuracy to a point) but will not be any faster for POA.

That is JMO of coarse
    The spitfire AR is excellent

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    The spitfire AR is excellent
    For all the years I got use to a Halo or a 2/4 MOA dot.....sure is nice to have an Etched Reticle there no matter what. I try & fire it w/o illumination just to get use to it.