Thread: Xb2003 balance

Xb2003 balance

I know every boat is different but where should I start with battery placement? There is a spot in each rear compartment for a battery. Both side compartments have a designated place for the battery. Where should I mount the center/ cranking battery

All depends on what you are doing with the boat. You plan on making fishing a priority or pleasure cruising? How many batteries are you going to run? I run a really heavy load 3 group 31 batteries that weigh 70#'s a piece. They are my biggest item to get right for balance. I run 2 of them in front of the gas tank and because I am alone 90% of the time I run the cranking battery in the port wing. I also have a 40# weight that I can shift side to side to make up for a partner. All the other stuff can be moved around pretty easily to get it right. Once you get it figured out its pretty easy to keep level.

With side steer if you run 2 deep cycle 27 or 29's in the port locker and your cranking in the starboard side you will be close in balance when you add in the trolling motor. Then just move tackle etc around to fine tune it.If you have a passenger on the bench you can get them to shift left/right to get it balanced too

4. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    I have a group 29 in each rear locker for troller and a group 24 in front of the gas tank to the port side. All my tackle (a lot, prolly to much) is in the starboard rear compartment. 3 bank onboard charger mounted on the inboard wall in the starboard rear compartment. Besides the battery and the charger the starboard rear stays empty for second persons tackle or all my wife's stuff when her and/or the kids come with. I have center steer with side-slide so I make any adjustments if needed by shifting my body weight.

5. Member
    I had one troller in side locker rear and one troller and cranking in front of tank. Looking for the front could also call that "behind the tank"

Balanced perfectly for me