Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    If you don't buy a 360.... I have a "guy" over in Philly that will pay you a visit. Did I convince you

2. Banned
    Not worth the money, mines hanging on the garage wall.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    Not worth the money, mines hanging on the garage wall.
    You are in the minority. I'm baffled why you don't like it.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    I debated between the 360 and Panoptix. Went with Panoptix and am happy with my decision. I will say after using it for months that many of the statements 'against' Panoptix on here are incorrect... I would like to have both but am hesitant on the 360 with the leakage problems they have had and too many don't work the same when they come back. Not to mention being charged to repair them. I'll wait for at least a year to see if the reliability gets better.
    My Panoptix is mounted on a movable shaft on the side of the boat. When pan fishing I will keep it straight ahead with a 40 degree span. I'll use side/down scan at 3-5 mph until I see a wad of fish, hit spotlock, and use the Panoptix to tell me what direction, distance and depth and cast just on the other side of them. Once the bite dries up I will use Panoptix again to find the school and repeat.
    I think 360 and Panoptix are both great tools. Just get used to which ever one you get and fish!

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    I debated between the 360 and Panoptix. Went with Panoptix and am happy with my decision. I will say after using it for months that many of the statements 'against' Panoptix on here are incorrect... I would like to have both but am hesitant on the 360 with the leakage problems they have had and too many don't work the same when they come back. Not to mention being charged to repair them. I'll wait for at least a year to see if the reliability gets better.
    My Panoptix is mounted on a movable shaft on the side of the boat. When pan fishing I will keep it straight ahead with a 40 degree span. I'll use side/down scan at 3-5 mph until I see a wad of fish, hit spotlock, and use the Panoptix to tell me what direction, distance and depth and cast just on the other side of them. Once the bite dries up I will use Panoptix again to find the school and repeat.
    I think 360 and Panoptix are both great tools. Just get used to which ever one you get and fish!

I have been using the bow 360 since January 2014 with no issues. The transom 360 came out in 2012: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=173633
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    True.
    Good to hear yours is working well.
    Heard rumors of a change to it coming... Will wait...

7. Banned
    maybe i need wayne to hop on the boat and adjust mine. Ive tried contrast, sensitivity, etc and all it does is lighten or darken the screen. These are with a speed of 1 so it won't get any better. Only reason I can tell there are rocks in the pic is because i was shallow enough to see them. I scanned several brush piles and can't see them at all even in the water column

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    maybe i need wayne to hop on the boat and adjust mine. Ive tried contrast, sensitivity, etc and all it does is lighten or darken the screen. These are with a speed of 1 so it won't get any better. Only reason I can tell there are rocks in the pic is because i was shallow enough to see them. I scanned several brush piles and can't see them at all even in the water column

See the dark spots....cast there.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Banned
    that may be the way you use it when you don't know what's around, but I know where the target is 100% if the time. I'm not looking for unknown stuff. I need to be able to see what I already know is there and i have yet to be able to find a brush pile with it.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 10-16-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    that may be the way you use it when you don't know what's around, but I know where the target is 100% if the time. I'm not looking for unknown stuff. I need to be able to see what I already know is there and i have yet to be able to find a brush pile with it.
    post#107...watch those two videos.it's the same structure in both videos.one video is using the 360 to locate the structure.the other video shows the same structure with the trolling motor set on spotlock.works on wood,pvc and stumps,also those five gallon bucket, with either wood slats or pvc in them. (Run 360 on the third fasted setting,turn sensitivity down and leave the contrast on default setting.these setting should work on most appications.

What size are the brush piles and are they made of wood?
    Last edited by fisher12; 10-16-2017 at 10:34 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher12 View Post
    post#107...watch those two videos.it's the same structure in both videos.one video is using the 360 to locate the structure.the other video shows the same structure with the trolling motor set on spotlock.works on wood,pvc and stumps,also those five gallon bucket, with either wood slats or pvc in them. (Run 360 on the third fasted setting,turn sensitivity down and leave the contrast on default setting.these setting should work on most appications.

What size are the brush piles and are they made of wood?
    I would love to see the video you mentioned. Are you talking about post 107 within this thread? If so, there is no video there? Can you post the URL or link?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    I have a transom 360. I just haven’t been able to get useful images. I was 20 feet from a rock ledge and couldn’t even see the ledge on the screen. The screen just appeared to be a blob of nothing. I kinda gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I would love to see the video you mentioned. Are you talking about post 107 within this thread? If so, there is no video there? Can you post the URL or link?
    Yes,post 107# in this thread.there's two links.the second link has the two videos that I refered to.the first link has a video that is interesting also.please look again.if you don't find them I can post the videos here for you to see.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher12 View Post
    Yes,post 107# in this thread.there's two links.the second link has the two videos that I refered to.the first link has a video that is interesting also.please look again.if you don't find them I can post the videos here for you to see.
    Oh OK, the ads distracted me, got it! Thanks!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456