Post Prop for 2004 203 w/ 250 SHO

I am currently running a 25 Yamaha prop turning 5600 @ 70mph. I feel like I can get more out of it because it gets up to 68.5 extremely fast then creeps up from there. Do these speeds sound right or should I be seeing a little bit more? I'm going to measure prop to pad tomorrow.

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Which Yamaha prop do you have? The 25p sounds right, but a T1-25 or FXP is what I use.
    You need to hit 6000 rpm's. That boat will be screamin when you do.

All I can tell you is my experience with a sho, but on a different boat.
    I have a 250 sho, but it's on a Phoenix. I run a T1-25 &/or T1-26 prop and hit 6000+ rpm's easy, = 74+ mph on the largest Phoenix, a 921.
    I also run a Turbo FXP 25p and hit 6000 rpm's. That prop has very little torque and drives easiest, but is 1-2 mph slower than above props.

I have a 12" hydro JP, so not sure about my p2p, BUT the sho likes to run high (on a Phoenix, anyway), like 2", is what guys say.
    ***I wouldn't start p2p at 2" though. Try starting at 3.25 and go up 1/4" at a time, till you start losing Water Pressure, then go back down 1/4".

When I sent props to Croxton, he said I need to hit at least 6000 rpm's on that motor. Rev Limiter is at like 6200 rpm's.

I can tell you, I have a '99, 202dc with a Merc 200 efi, 25p Tempest, with which I hit 70 mph with an empty boat... half tank and just me.

This is all I can tell you about the sho. Hope it helps

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Shoot aikenyounggun a PM although his 203 is a 98 model he can tell you what prop he's running.

4. Member
    I think the tank got moved up in the 203s at some point (mines a '98), but I have had great luck with a Turbo FXP, 27 pitch.

My 203 and the SHO love it.

Here is more background if you want it: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=656623

Please note I didn't try a bunch of props, and didn't get any worked. Craig at C&O recommended the Turbo and it runs great

Isaac

5. Member
    Aikenyounggun, your tank is in the rear correct? Mine is under the seat. I wonder if that would make a difference in speed or prop. Looks like I need to get a Turbo and try it out. Cause 80 in a Champ is hauling the mail.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Moving the tank up under the seats did make a bit of difference. Not sure exactly how much difference, tho. Maybe a couple mph?

7. Member
    So maybe I should start with a 26 then move to a 27 and see if that's works?

8. Member
    Definitely the 26 first and see where it leads you

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Bear in mind, the 26 Tempest Plus props are not always perfect out of the box. The best thing would be to see if you can borrow a worked one...