Thread: Turkey Season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turkey Season

Who else is ready? Taking off 15th through 17th. Heard one gobbling this morning. First one ive heard so far.

I've been ready since Jan 1st.

3. Member
    I just got notification that I got a permit for the week of the 17th...Since I am a newbie my daughter and I are going to a seminar on April 1st put on by NWTF..

4. Member
    We don't open till the 25th. Winter flocks are breaking up had 30 in the roost Friday night. It won't be long better get the bow out haven't shot it in awhile
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

5. Member
    I'm close......Season still a bit off for me. Got a new site set for shotgun with a ghost ring rear. Need to drift it a bit as it shoots left a tad when I went to site it in. Will be remedied very soon though

I'm ready for sure but I believe my wife is more excited than I am. She's talks not it more as the day gets closer. Hopefully this year is the year she lays the smack down on her first ever big gobbler
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

Quote Originally Posted by Choothim View Post
    I've been ready since Jan 1st.
    JAM'D Outdoors-sponsored by PAPPAWDAD and MIMI!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveschrank View Post

9. Member
    Opening the 25th here. Yelp, yelp, yelp. Gobble, gobble, gobble. Pfffft,Pfffft. BANG. Flop, flop, flop.
    Praying for a Cure

10. Member
    I get to start early here in TN. Me and my dad got drawn for Chuck Swan WMA on the 23 thru the 25. I'm glad we got picked this year, he just turned 76 last month and I don't know how many more hunts we'll get to enjoy. I hope the weather straightens out and warms back up a little. This week is going to be freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    I get to start early here in TN. Me and my dad got drawn for Chuck Swan WMA on the 23 thru the 25. I'm glad we got picked this year, he just turned 76 last month and I don't know how many more hunts we'll get to enjoy. I hope the weather straightens out and warms back up a little. This week is going to be freezing.
    Good Luck that is awesome!! Wish my Dad was still around to hunt and fish (died age 37,leukemia) enjoy time with Dad for sure!!
    JAM'D Outdoors-sponsored by PAPPAWDAD and MIMI!!

12. Member
    Thanks, Hopefully we'll get to work some birds and maybe one of us will get lucky.

I'm ready. Also going to Idaho for a week in May.
    Darrall Dougherty

14. Member
    been patterening different shotgun loads last couple of weekends. So far the Winchester Longbeard XR are the best, beating out the Hornady Heavy Magnums, Fiocchi Golden Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    been patterening different shotgun loads last couple of weekends. So far the Winchester Longbeard XR are the best, beating out the Hornady Heavy Magnums, Fiocchi Golden Turkey.
    the xr's are hard to beat.

16. Member
    I have been trying some Hevi13 and Federal 3rd degree this year.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darrall View Post
    I'm ready. Also going to Idaho for a week in May.
    If all you want to do is fill your tag with a fat tom, you might be headed the wrong direction. It really isn't even sporting here. Hit the box a few times, they walk right up, and you blast them from 10-15 yards. You do need to be connected though. Not a lot of public lands with decent turkey numbers so you have to get permission to hunt hay and corn fields, etc

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    If all you want to do is fill your tag with a fat tom, you might be headed the wrong direction. It really isn't even sporting here. Hit the box a few times, they walk right up, and you blast them from 10-15 yards. You do need to be connected though. Not a lot of public lands with decent turkey numbers so you have to get permission to hunt hay and corn fields, etc
    My brother lives in Cub River Canyon just outside of Preston. We have lots of private to hunt. Yep it's an easy hunt. Not really about the kill though. Kill lot's of turkeys here in Oklahoma. It's really just fun to spend time with him & be in some different country. Turkeys have exploded at his place.
    Darrall Dougherty

19. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Our youth hunt starts this weekend, nephew and I are headed out this eve.

20. Member
    Can someone offer advice on a decent Turkey call for a newbie? I think the mouth calls are out of the question, as I assume those might take a bit more experience and knowledge than I have. Only my 2nd time going in the woods for Turkey coming April, but I'm thinking a box call of some kind. I've been looking on MidwayUSA and there are probably 50 different models, its pretty confusing. Just want something not complicated to learn and use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast