Thread: Tranducer GT40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I will say from experience with both, that structure definitely looks better with a GT40 transducer.

I went from a non-Chirp 73sv to a Chirp 93sv and that was one of the first things I noticed when I first used side scan on my new unit. The Chirp unit is using the GT52 transducer, rather than the GT40. Structure was still indentifiable, but there's definitely a noticeable difference in clarity.

Now, on the other hand, I used to have to guess if I was seeing fish in 2d with my non-Chirp unit, where there is no room for doubt with the Chirp unit. It's an amazing difference. Also, I never saw a single fish on down scan with non-Chirp, where I have been able on the Chirp unit.

I believe the ability you gain in seeing fish with a Chirp unit and GT52 ducer, far outweighs the amount of clarity you have to give up in seeing structure. Hope this helps.

2. Member
    thnx that is exactly the answer I was looking for.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Turn it on. On first screen choose "Traditional"

Experiment with your unit to get familiar with it. You don't have to be on the water to learn how to use it.
    From the Home Screen, choose Settings, Then System, Then Simulator.
    Then just play with it. You can't hurt it. You can even choose different transducers even if they are not attached and get a sample of what the display would look like. Then when going to the lake use the same directions to take it out of Simulator mode.

On the same screen where you choose Simulator you can choose System Information and reset the unit to Factory Settings.

Go for it.

Very helpful thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12