Installing Talons, jackplate setting?

Got my boat back and will be installing two 8' talons (three stage) this weekend. Im currently sitting at 7 dots on the jackplate. Gets 73 mph with two people, gear and half a tank of fuel. I know I'll lose some speed when I add the talons. Just want to know from people who have added them where they set their jackplate.

2. Member
    same spot never moved mine lost maybe 2mph zx190 with a 175hpdi

Installed last night, turned out awesome

4. Member
    Those are so tiny looking. I would keep jackplate where it is at right now and then play with the adjustment as needed.

They are only 8 footers. I got an ultrex so didn't see the need for anything bigger

Looks Good!

7. Member
    Wow those are really nice!!!...and are short until they are extended...a nice advantage over the power poles that stick up past the motor. I have to stop and partially deploy my power poles before my boat will fit under my carport or in my shop garage. Looks like you dropped some serious coin! Now you need some nice Skeeter Bug printed logo covers for them. I just ordered mine from Rod Warrior Usa...not sure if they make them yet for your set up....Question...can you reinstall the boarding ladder???

I had 8' blades on my last boat and deploying them to get in and out of the garage sucks. These are much easier and are out of the way of my co angler. The boarding ladder had to come off but I did see somewhere on here where you can mount a boarding ladder to the talon bracket.