White Lake Ramp - Oakland County Closed for repairs

White Lake boating access site to close from mid-May to mid-August for site improvements

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources announced today that the White Lake boating access site, located off of Duck Lake Road in Oakland County, temporarily will close from mid-May to mid-August for site improvements.
    The DNR advises White Lake residents to plan ahead and launch their boats prior to the mid-May construction closure. From mid-March until the project begins, the DNR will supply a skid pier to assist residents with launching their boats.
    The improvement project will include 17 additional parking spaces, a wider launch ramp, additional landscaping and improved vehicle circulation. The new site design will allow vehicles to both enter and exit off Duck Lake Road, reducing vehicle traffic for neighboring property owners.
    This project is funded through the Michigan State Waterways Fund. The restricted fund, which is derived from boat registration fees and the Michigan marine fuel tax, helps fund the construction, operation and maintenance of public recreational boating facilities.
    For more information about the White Lake boating access site project, contact Bill Althoff at Highland Recreation Area at althoffw@michigan.gov or 248-889-3750.
    Boaters help fund more than 1,300 public boating access sites and 82 harbors in Michigan. All watercraft, unless exempt, must be registered with the Michigan Secretary of the State. Register all watercraft online, by mail or in person at the Secretary of State. Boat registrations expire March 31 in the third year of issuance. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/boating.
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

2. dartag1829
    Must be they are going to use the lot to the North of the current lot. It has been vacant for a couple years. Guess I will have to reschedule our Tuesday morning event to another lake.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Must be they are going to use the lot to the North of the current lot. It has been vacant for a couple years. Guess I will have to reschedule our Tuesday morning event to another lake.

Thanks for the heads up.
    It seems like they should have been contacting you Steve to give you the heads up...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    It seems like they should have been contacting you Steve to give you the heads up...
    I am Deeply Disappointed in the State that they didn't. Maybe they knew I was in Florida. Still trying to find the press release link online before I reschedule our event.

They don't know you are in Florida, Nor do they care at all.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. dartag1829
    All they want is my income tax check on April 15th.

Where was that posted . I thought they were doing Orion this year but can't find anything
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Where was that posted . I thought they were doing Orion this year but can't find anything
    http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,4669,7...6594--,00.html

9. Member
    I wonder why they didn't go from mid August thru mid October. And not kill a major part of the summer?

10. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by team houston View Post
    I wonder why they didn't go from mid August thru mid October. And not kill a major part of the summer?
    It's the Stat Of Michigan. They bought half the property needed to move the Union Lake ln 2010. The money for the second purchase was diverted to other areas. They lost the second piece of land. Now the first piece sits there vacant. If they do put the launch there it will go from 32 spots down to 16.