Vessel view won't connect

1b042681. Just purchased vessel view mobile and when I go to connect, it says cannot complete initial setup. I followed the instructions. Any input?

2. Banned

I bought one and haven't tried it yet, so I'm interested too.

I had to reload the App. And register again. Works great.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Member
    Mine loaded right up

5. Member
    So what's the pig tail on the main wire for

6. Member
    I initially had the same error. Then realized I didn't follow the instructions exactly right. Double check all the connections directly from the manual

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel'n View Post
    I initially had the same error. Then realized I didn't follow the instructions exactly right. Double check all the connections directly from the manual
    What did you forget to do, hook up the terminator?

8. Member
    I didn't have a yellow terminator on my engine. It only had a black weather cap

9. Member
    Just found out that I need the yellow terminator for vessel view to work

10. Member
    I'm following all of the VVM threads to see how it pans out. I've downloaded the app and played with it a bit. I hope the functionality is better than it appears. The app seems to be poorly designed. For example: The checklist offers to way to edit entries or change the order. You have to delete the whole thing and start over. That may not be a big deal in itself, but could reflect the overall structure of the app.
    Last edited by MN1965; 03-09-2017 at 10:23 AM.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Anything lighting up on the module when you turn the key on?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Installed the yellow terminator that I received today and it works perfectly! Great device!

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

14. Member
    what did you do to get it to work for you

15. Banned
    He didn't have the yellow cap re-installed on the pigtail.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I think he actually didn't have a terminating resistor in the first place (missing from the engine).

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ledgeman View Post
    bringing this one back... I bought a used boat with vessel view installed. It appears to be installed correctly however I can't connect to it. Initial set up always fails... I have notice the bluetooth led light never comes on..... Anyone have suggestions?
    My phone/app recognizes the devices and tries to connect... That is what makes me think the bluetooth is working???

The terminator cap is on and it again seems to be installed according to manual.

2016 250 ProXS
    Vessel view is mounted on motor..

Attachment 366991Attachment 366992
    You really need to open a new topic for your engine and be sure to include your engine serial number.

Please see the Announcement at top of forum, which states one engine per thread - PLEASE READ Before Posting..... Updated 10/05/2017
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax