Anchoring opinions

I'm going to try the shallow water pole anchor this season. Looking for real world opinions and input.

Of the two ways pictured, which one has worked best for you ?
    Pole length - I have an 8' pole, which almost borders on being unwieldy ... I'm wondering if 6' would be more practical.

Anchor through a hollow fixture affixed the the yak (In my case it would be a rod holder turned over the side off of the yak attack track)

Anchor tethered with a short run of rope -
    Ranting incoherently

I have seen it done both ways...personally rope would be my preferred choice instead of potentially flexing the hull. I use an Anchor Wizard for a majority of my anchoring just because it works so well. No need for a stake out pole and less potential of a fish getting wrapped up in the anchor line having it exposed above the water like that.

3. Member
    I used an anchor trolly with the stake a few times and never really grew attached to it. I prefer to just drop a little anchor over the side. Holds as good as the pole for light winds.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

4. Member
    check out bernies river stick. im very impressed on how well it holds in 20 to 30 mph wind gust...easy to operate and no battery etc...also comes with a custom mount for your kayak... heres a link
    https://www.berniesriverstick.com/

5. Member
    I will 2nd that on the riverstick. Have one on my hobie. Works well!!