Thread: Boat rental

Boat rental

There's a possibility I might be somewhere in Minnesota in the near future and in need of a boat. Any of you guys know of any marinas or boat dealers that rent bass boats? If I do come it will be for a large event for just a little over a week. It's a huge opportunity for me and I'm not sure if my partner will even make the trip. Any help would be great guys.

285 Stratos PRO XL/ 175 Merc
    2006 Z-71

2. Member
    When do you plan on coming, and what will you be fishing for? A lot of seasons are closed except on boundary waters.

3. Member
    No offense but that's pretty vague.... where are you going to be in the State? That will make a huge difference. What dates?

Are you referring to the Bassmaster AOY event?

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

4. Member
    Sorry guys. It will be the second week of August and that's the thing, I'm not sure where it will be exactly. The event hasn't been confirmed so I'm not certain that it will be in MN or which part of the state. Rather not named the event until it's confirmed. It will be bass and anywhere that rents boats would be cheaper than me towing a boat more than 3k miles.

285 Stratos PRO XL/ 175 Merc
    2006 Z-71

5. Member
    Can't really help you with your "unnamed event" if it's going to be up in Grand Rapids vs down in Winona.... Even with that said, I don't know of anywhere in the state that rents bass boats. You're probably better off biting the bullet and bringing your own to the mystery event.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

Buy a diesel truck and pull it. It won't be any worse than a 1/2ton gasser

7. Member
    I've never seen any place that rents bass boats, of any kind. Most rentals in this region are 14-16ft tin v-hull basic fishing boats. Boat, motor, gas tank, life jackets, nothing more.

There are a lot of resorts in most regions of the state. None of us has been to them all. I would try Google, when you know where you're going.

8. Member
    I second RFeyo, I don't know of anyone that would rent a modern equipped bass rig. Best bet maybe to ask a few dealers that might rent a used rig in their inventory?