Powerpole Sportsman 2 wobbles

I got a Sportsman2 and it works fine. I use it a lot but recently I noticed that it moves a lot when trailering. Kindof link some bushings are wore out. All the boats are tight. Is this normal and do we have to replace bushings every so often? Looking here first to see if this is a stupid question before I call powerpole.

2. Member
    Nobody???

3. BBC SPONSOR
    More than likely the bushings are fine. It sounds to me like the lower two pivot bolts need to be tightened. 9/16" wrench and socket and tighten them by hand until snug. Keeping these tight will eliminate the "wobble" and the need to ever replace bushings.

4. Member
    My bushings wear out annually and I keep them tight

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    As stated above there are only two bolts on any powerpole model that need to be tightened.. they are the lower two pivot bolts for each u-channel. Every other bolt on the system should be flush with the lock nut, any tighter and it could hinder operation. As stated in the owners manual these bolts should be checked about every 100 cycles of the powerpole. If you keep these tight it will greatly extend the length of your bushing life. The bushings will last for the life of the pole if you keep these two lower bolts tight.