Holeshot Problem's with Talons

Hey guys just wondering if any of you guys are having holeshot problem once you put dual talons on your boat. I am running a 26p fury4 right now and holeshot is good without the talon's. I know they will slow me down some but I'm just wondering how much? Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

When I had Talons on my previous boat (Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS) the weight of two 10 foot talons combined with the drag the JP bracket can create if it's mounted really low, murdered my holeshot. I ultimately reproped with a Bravo FS and it got my holeshot back to 3-4 seconds no matter what the load.

I have not run my new boat without the Talons but my holeshot is about 3-4 seconds - 2 guys, full gas, stupid amount of tackle (livewells empty). This is with a Bravo XS and now a Fury 4 prop. I have only ran my Fury 3 once and that was the day I broke the motor in. Holeshot was fine but it was also early spring so not hot, humid HP robbing conditions.

Depending on your JP and bolt spacing for the talon bracket you can move quite a bit of the Talon bracket up and out of the water (less drag). I put the top JP bolt through the highest circle on the Talon JP elbow which raises the bracket about an inch over using the top slot. Don't angle the arm of the bracket back, try to keep the weight inline with the motor or even a little forward. And I run my Talon even with the bottom of the bracket it slides into. I might lose 6 inches of depth, but even with me on the back deck the flag part of the Talon jp bracket is out of the water at rest.

I'm not sure how much the above tips help, but I'm confident they hurt my performance as little as possible.

3. Member
    Only a slight difference in hole shot for me. I have a Bob's hydrolic plate. I raised the jackplate slightly and it helped a bunch. Top end is maybe 1 mph difference.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS