Gambler info policy

Last week I called Gambler to ask a question about consoles for a 2200. To my surprise the lady that I spoke with told me they no longer answer questions over the phone. They instead send you a question air via email,you complete the email and return it to them and they will in time answer your request. I have never experienced this before and was wondering if any of you have. Now I am not saying if it is good,bad or a common business practice I was just asking if any of you have experienced this before.

I think it's crappy customer service but BoatMate Trailer does basically the same thing....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I have went the email route with them when I had a question about my 2100 a couple years ago. Sara helped me and we went back and forth a few times until I got the info I needed. No issues with how that went.

4. Member
    Sounds like an opportunity to catalog FAQ that is useful for many purposes- 1) reduce inquiries by posting to site, 2) training, 3) research and development toward design improvements, 4) improved efficiency of operations, 5) more timely resolutions, 6) more accurate responses. Hope that is their goal.