1995 promax efi 225 cowl grommets

I have a 1995 mercury 225 promax efi. It is being rebuillt right now and I would like to replace the two oval shaped grommets on the front of the motor. I've spent about an hour trying to find these grommets online with no luck. Can someone give me a link or website to find these?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Try: www.europeanmarine.org/partsaccessories.html

You'll want to use the Engine Serial Number when looking up parts (also required when posting here).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank's.

4. Member
    I have a 94 Promax 200 which I believe has the same shell. I just used a grommet from a multipack for the fuel line that I got at Home depot (electricial dept) and it has worked great.

5. Member
    I broke down and called a dealer. $55 for two of them. Drive an hour each way to pick them up friday. While looking for them online I found out that my cowling is $1700. That is outrageous.

6. Member
    And lords know's dont crack it , smean like know one knows how to fix them ?

7. Member
    What is so special about the cowl? The parts guy said that there is one mercury cowl that cost $3500.

8. Member
    Must be one of the new 4 stroke V-rods 350 or 400 HP ...lower and top ? The older 300x is about the same as your . Has one now with a crack in the seam .

9. Banned
    you can buy the rigging adaptors for less

10. Member
    Rigging adapters? Dont tell me I just wasted $55. I'm going to use black spiral wrap for the rigging hose, hadn't thought to much about each end. I'll figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    What is so special about the cowl? The parts guy said that there is one mercury cowl that cost $3500.
    Alien,your cowl is NLA

Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Rigging adapters? Dont tell me I just wasted $55. I'm going to use black spiral wrap for the rigging hose, hadn't thought to much about each end. I'll figure something out.
    Mercury rigging tube,pinched just right, will thread into the oval holes in the cowl,and the other end goes into the rigging holes on your xb03.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    Alien,your cowl is NLA
    Hood $1800,Pan $999,skirt $775,(sold individually)plus hardware and stainless pan plate.do the math,lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    Alien,like this one,,your cowl is NLA

15. Member
    I know what an alien cowl is, what is NLA?

16. Banned
    no longer available

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not all of these are NLA... as of this moment, the black ones are still available (top cowling, that is).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor