Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Micro fiber towel and 50/50 water & vinegar....followed by a coat of Bass Boat Saver
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Old beach towel, and a 50/50 mix of bottled water (Our house water sucks) and White vinegar in an old spray bottle. Quick, cheap and makes it look like I just waxed it.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Micro fiber towel and 50/50 water & vinegar....followed by a coat of Bass Boat Saver
    ^^^^^^THIS IS THE DEAL^^^^^^^^

Spanky

4. Member
    I use Adams detail spray.. A boat shop years ago recommended kleenguard furniture polish, when my boat was in for damage from someone backing into it.

5. Member
    Boat blind hot sauce and a shammy work well for me! The water in south louisisana can be pretty nasty at times but this combo does the trick!

6. Member
    I use a Microfiber Towel. I rotate between these two every trip out.

1st trip: Lucas Slick Mist

2nd trip: Spray bottle of Windshield Washer Fluid.

Must be working, as I get asked about my boat almost every time out. Almost no one can believe it is a 2004, most think it is brand new.

The thing about wiping the boat down with a polymer product like BBS or Lucas compared to water, vinegar, etc., is you are prepping the boat for the NEXT trip with the polymer products. Sure you might get the boat clean with water or vinegar, but the polymer leaves a micro thin coating that protects the boat from UV and keeps stuff from sticking as bad on the NEXT trip. It performs the same function as wax but does not last as long. So long as you use it every trip, cleanup will be easier and there is really no reason to ever use actual wax on the boat eliminating the time and effort required to wax it a few times per year. Plus the polymer products can be used on all surfaces, seats, trolling motor, dash, everything you want clean and protected from UV fade.

I use the Lucas slick mist about once a month after I wash the boat. I don't wipe it down after every trip. Boat looks new after I wash it.

9. Banned
    dead horse has been beaten flat

Use whatever you like if it makes you happy with the results.

a towel.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    The thing about wiping the boat down with a polymer product like BBS or Lucas compared to water, vinegar, etc., is you are prepping the boat for the NEXT trip with the polymer products. Sure you might get the boat clean with water or vinegar, but the polymer leaves a micro thin coating that protects the boat from UV and keeps stuff from sticking as bad on the NEXT trip. It performs the same function as wax but does not last as long. So long as you use it every trip, cleanup will be easier and there is really no reason to ever use actual wax on the boat eliminating the time and effort required to wax it a few times per year. Plus the polymer products can be used on all surfaces, seats, trolling motor, dash, everything you want clean and protected from UV fade.
    Best explanation I've ever heard. Never thought of it this way, just did it because I'd heard it helped protect the finish.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

12. Banned
    If you wax your boat then use a product that is wax based. Like Eagle One Marine Wax-as-u-dry is carnuba based. If you are using a polymer sealant, like Pro-Tec, then use a polymer based spray like Lucas Slick Mist.

Pretty dang simple.

Water and vinegar is going to strip whatever is on there. Vinegar is an acid.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Warm water draining out of the lower works great for a quick wipe down, especially on scum lines.

Lucas Slick Mist when Im doing a whole boat wipe down.
    Same thing I do

14. Member
    I take my boat out 3/4 times a week, washing it down after every trip got exhausting. I wash the boat at the house before every tournament, after tournaments while waiting for weigh in to finish I'll clean her up with either slick mist, eagle one, or water/vinegar. All depends on what I have on hand.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonpride40 View Post
    Eagle One Marine Wax As U Dry or Lucas Slick Mist. I have used BBS in the past and loved it but the other two are easier to come by and do an outstanding job.
    This is EXACTLY what I do for the exact reasons...

16. Member
    Not to hijack the thread but what is safe to use if I apply Pro-Tec polish twice a year? I don't want to use something that will take off or inhibit the Pro-Tec. Thanks

17. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    Lucas slick mist
    Same here.

Dale Sinclair original

18. Moderator
    there are lots of good stuff out there. I like Slick Mist cause it works, is cheap and walmart carries it. I also use Eagle 1 and Boat Bling hot sauce for the black engine. Takes all the water spots off with ease...Mine gets wiped down after every trip. Looks brand new still.

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Same here

20. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Meguires, Lucas, eagle one, all will work. I've been using 303 protectant for last few years and really like it...wipe everything down with it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast